Question removed

Asked by Elaine Phung, Livermore, CA Thu Jul 18, 2013

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

17
Eddie Martini, Agent, Auburn, WA
Wed Jul 24, 2013
Unless there are literal HOLES THROUGH THE WALLS in todays market place most sellers are able to sell AS-IS. walk through of the home would be needed to determine the current condition but it is a limited inventory market and there are LOTS OF BUYERS making it more easy to sell homes with some fixing to do.
If you are still in need of assistance let us know and or if you are actively looking for a listing agent let us know.
EM
DRE#01324382
eddie@bhrparkplace.com
Patrick Will…, Home Buyer, Sacramento, CA
Fri Jul 19, 2013
Dont forget there are stupid morons working as emplyees of the lenders as in my case I should have closed two weeks ago but no.... The signing wasnt today for the 5th delay of today today ... At 458 ring ring oh its too late today...(friday) so I sit here all weekend to wait to sign Monday then close by wednesday
Yeah... sure too many cooks can be a nightmare...
Escrow buyers sellers are people too many issues and too many stupid people who dont really take enough time to do a job correctly.
Donna Moon, , Sacramento County, CA
Fri Jul 19, 2013
Hello Elaine,
With proper pricing and marketing we can list it and sell it minimum 10 days to 45 maximum.
In this market, you will not have a lot of competition. We will view and evaluate the home and make recommendations as to what to invest in fixing with the greatest return in sales price, and what to keep as is. We can obtain bids and organize to accomplish this if you do not have a personal handyman.
Best of Luck!
Donna Moon - 916.600.2489
Donna.Moon@ZipRealty.com
http://www.ziprealty.com/agent/dmoon
Fri Jul 19, 2013
A a current seller involved in a FHA203k estimated escrow time 30-45 days. Since the buyers agent taked forever to process anything on his side, the delays are already 10 days past. My belongings are in a PODS container in storage, still in the house with basically nothing waiting
Tick Tock Tick Tock, today is the day to sign 200 pm nothing yet the delays are frustrating, Im loosing my mind worrying about this escrow falling through at the end.
So while you know it can be 30 to 45 days to process, other factors will delay it or completely ruin an escrow. So many items, documents on and on and on are involved not to mention inspections and people who arent real smart.
I saw 30-45days didnt want to know anything else really except when the check would arrive.
Its like Vegas, not like what happens in vegas stays in vegas. more like: a crapshoot...
Rest assured it will be stressful to some degree and near the end you will clearly be "over it" emothionally
Morgan Larson, Agent, Folsom, CA
Fri Jul 19, 2013
Wow Elaine! Lots of answers!

My suggestion is to call a few of these real estate agents and schedule an interview. Not only will they answer your questions above, they will also be able to answer all of your other questions regarding the sale of your home.

I see you live in Livermore. An over-the-phone interview may be the route to go. Any agent you interview with will need to be able to see the home at some point though. Then they'll be able to answer your questions about fixing any items before the sale of the home.

If you'd like ot consider using my services, you can call, email, or check out my website for further information.

Best of luck!
Morgan
916-241-8788
morgan@morganlarson.com
http://www.morganlarson.com
Santiago Ken…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Jul 19, 2013
I would agree with most of my collogues , just work with a realtor in the area
Sue Archer R…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Thu Jul 18, 2013
there are a lot of good responses here. I'd like to suggest a few items as well.
First, if you wish to sell to both markets- investors as well as owner occupant buyers, then that's a different approach than just to get it sold quick, with the tenant still in the property, and the condition? well only you and the tenant know for sure. So the answer to your second question is, it depends.

Your first question is how long it takes to sell a house. I will contend that anyone can put a sign in the yard and get an offer in today's market. There's no inventory. I also contend that everyone has buyers, again there's no inventory. But to obtain the highest price and the best terms takes a concentrated marketing effort to control the sale.

I believe you can be amazed at receiving offers over market value in the competitive market we are in. Buyers are often guaranteeing that they will cover the difference between the appraised value and the offer price, offering to pay all closing costs and all kinds of incentives like that in order to be selected.

A personal position that I hold is that I never represent a buyer on one of my own listings. While we are legally able to do that, I don't believe that I can negotiate hard to provide my seller the highest and best offer at the same time I'm trying to get a buyer their lowest and best terms on a home. I may get both sides of the commission but the seller is not always guaranteed the best results. Dual representation, to me, is not in your best interest.

I have a list of questions that you might ask realtors that you are talking to in determining who is the best realtor to sell you home. There are many qualified and many still new in terms of negotiation. There is also the person that you trust and feel you work best with. it's not always easy to delineate when you don't buy and sell homes every day. Sometimes a referral to a realtor from someone you know may help. I would put the article as a link, but honestly don't know how right now. Write and I'll send it to you...then I'll learn how to link it when it's not so late at night. :)

Good luck Elaine, it's an excellent time to sell.
Philip Velez, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Thu Jul 18, 2013
All good advice from the below agents. I currently have a list of 5 buyers who are looking in your area. As a Broker,/President of PV Realty, I may be able to offer you the lowest comission based upon you allowing me to sell to my preapproved buyer. Please let me know if I can help you in this way.
Respectfully,
Philip Velez
C; 916-271-1399
Gabe Davidson, Agent, Yuba City, CA
Thu Jul 18, 2013
Hi Elaine
I would agree with most of my collogues here. I can also offer you excellent service and professionalism, and would love to work for you. Contact me if you're interested.

Gabe Davidson
http://www.sacshort.com
James Tan, Agent, elk grove, CA
Thu Jul 18, 2013
Hi Elaine
Judging from the picture on the net, your property looks very nice.

If the property is now vacant, I would recommend fixing it up first before putting it on the market.
To get the highest price, you would want to sell to an owner occupant. They are willing to pay premium for an appealing, move in ready property in a reasonably nice neighborhood. Buyers do not decide purely on a rational basis, they typically use their emotions as well. Call me (916) 230 5250 if you would like to have some advice.

If the property is still rented out, and you would like to sell right away. Then, your primary target would be investors. They are not so picky in terms of the condition of the property. But, the yield should be good, and the tenants should hopefully be high quality tenants.

The time it takes to get into contract, depends on the condition and the listing price and access to showings. However, if it is in good condition and well priced, and easy to show, it should go pending quickly, possibly in less than 2 weekends. In the area surrounding your property, stats show that listings get into contract typically in less than 30 days.

Let me know if I can be of any help.
Vim Eidemill…, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Thu Jul 18, 2013
Hi Elaine,
I just contacted a few contractors I used before. They offered a very good plan when you could pay them for labor they've done after closing. That way you would get maximum from the property.
You could contact me on the phone at 916-247-7832 or just email me at sacinvo1@sbcglobal.net.
Keisha Mathe…, Agent, Elk Grove, CA
Thu Jul 18, 2013
I just listed the property around the corner from your rental at 4872 Amblebrook Way and have another listing (in escrow) in that same area at 4880 Bamford. We had over 15 offers on Bamford (fixer) and received an offer on Amblebrook the first day it went on the market. There is a tenant at Amblebrook but it did not stop the offers and inquiries from coming.

Feel free to give me a call if you'd like to discuss your rental.

Keisha Mathews, REALTOR®
CDPE®, HRC®, HAFA® Certified
SAR Masters Club Member 2012
SAR Masters Club Steering Committee
Mathews & Co. Realty Group
@ Century 21 Landmark Network
keisha.mathews@century21.com
(916) 370-1803 cell
lic#: 01439130
Alex Amaro, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Thu Jul 18, 2013
Hi Elaine,
I just looked up homes For Sale, Pending and Sold in that neighborhood in the last 6 months. Homes have gone pending or sold in as little as 6 days up to 22 days. 5250 Summerbrook sold in Jan in under a month for $185,000. The value of your home may differ of course. This was just to give you an idea of the market.. To answer the other part of your question, you do not "need" to fix anything. However to get the most money I would suggest doing what you can. Safety issues are priority and then cosmetic.
I'd be happy to do a walk through with you or answer any other questions you have.
Hope this helped.

Alex Amaro
alex@alexamaro.com
916-996-3187
Randall Ortiz, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Thu Jul 18, 2013
Contact me if you would like help with this. We spoke earlier.

My email address is rortizrealestate@gmail.com
My phone number is 916-529-3707.
Vim Eidemill…, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Thu Jul 18, 2013
Hi Elaine,
Usually it is beneficial to do some fixing. If property is rented you could sell it tenant occupied, lots of buyers might be investors who are interested in having property rented. Let me know what price you would like to get for the property. I could provide you with information to think on the pricing and selling for highest possible price.
Kylee Roe, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Thu Jul 18, 2013
Elaine,
I've sold many rentals for investors who want to move on! You've come to the right forum.

The market is strong as Keisha mentioned stats, but in my opinion, we are seeing a slight trend of a slow down in sales, but not values. So, 60 days ago, when homes were "flying off the shelf", now you should allow for more marketing and showing time. I would plan on 30-40 days to get in contract.

No, you do not need to do any fix ups. But, conversely, the condition could effect list and sale price. So, if replacing carpeting to the tune of $3500 does not get you $4500 in more value to sell, it may not be worth doing the carpeting. It may be a better plan to price it allowing for carpet replacement. Hopefully, there are no "health conditions" if you've had it rented.

Also, you may have some tax responsibilities you may need to consider. Sorry to have to mention the tax-man, but thought I should be upfront about that.

Is there a tenant in the property? Homes can be sold either way, with or without the tenant in the home. Sometimes easier vacant, however.

More questions? Feel free to find me through either of my websites--
http://www.Kyleeroe.com or http://www.sacramentorealtor.info
Yep, I know we would have to give a share to our uncle SAM, but we were thinking about doing a 1031 exchange. There's laminate flooring throughout the house and also tiles in the kitchen, bathroom and laundry area and also granite counter tops too. I think it's just probably needs some cleaning and painting
Flag Thu Jul 18, 2013
Keisha Mathe…, Agent, Elk Grove, CA
Thu Jul 18, 2013
Recent stats show the listing time to be an average of 30 days or less. It's a seller's market so whether or not you need to fix it depends upon what needs to be done. If it's cosmetic I would say no, if it is of a health or safety conern I would say yes. I would ultimately need to see it to give you a better opinion.

Keisha Mathews, REALTOR®
CDPE®, HRC®, HAFA® Certified
SAR Masters Club Member 2012
SAR Masters Club Steering Committee
Mathews & Co. Realty Group
@ Century 21 Landmark Network
keisha.mathews@century21.com
http://www.SheSoldItForMe.com
(916) 370-1803 cell
lic#: 01439130