Question removed

Asked by Cheryl, Hayden, AL Thu Aug 21, 2008

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

10
Ucanlist.com, , Boston, MA
Thu Aug 21, 2008
If you want to fax your contract to me, I would be more than happy to take a look.
617-925-4007
J R, , New York, NY
Thu Aug 21, 2008
I would add, make sure you're looking at the correct MLS, because as I've said before, I had a seller call and yell at me because they couldn't find their house on MLS and they weren't looking at the "real" MLS, they were looking at a site called "MLS something".
Ucanlist.com, , Boston, MA
Thu Aug 21, 2008
Demand to be release from the contract for Non-Performance.
I do not know what state you are in, but here in Massachusetts our MLS requires all lisings entered within 48 hours. Some brokers hold out in an attempt to get both sides of the transaction.
In the future keep your contracts to 30,60 or 90 days at best. Contracts are bi-latteral, meaning you are free to put your terms into it as well as the other party.
That way if you are unhappy, you will not be trapped.
I would not do business with this firm any further. If the relationship starts off bad, it usually ends bad.

I am the owner of http://www.Ucanlist.com.
We let home owners be in charge of their own listings.
If you are in Massachusetts, check us out.
Web Reference:  http://www.Ucanlist.com
Ute Ferdig, Agent, Newcastle, CA
Thu Aug 21, 2008
Hello Cheryl. If you did not receive a copy of the marketing plan when you signed the listing agreement, ask for it now. It's possible that your broker does not do print advertising as it is no longer cost effective in most markets (i.e., it is very expensive and does not sell the house - it's mainly a self-promotion tool these days). Not having the listing in the MLS is not ok after two weeks. Most MLS rules require entry into the system within 2-3 business days unless the seller signed a non-submission form. I think you have waited long enough for action. It's time to call the agent /broker and ask for a status update and what the plan is. If your agent does not have a plan, tell him what you expect and give him a deadline. Keep good written records of your communications with the broker. Good luck to you.
J R, , New York, NY
Thu Aug 21, 2008
Did the agent present you with a marketing plan? If the marketing plan stated mls, lockbox, etc etc go to them and tell them you are not satisfied with what they have done so far and do it or release you from your contract. Since you say the agent is the owner/broker you may have to psych yourself up first, and perhaps consult an attorney, but I would put everything in writing, keep copies, and follow through.
Dawn, Both Buyer And Seller, Augusta, GA
Thu Aug 21, 2008
Did he give you a copy of the contract yet? If not, the contract is not legal and binding and therefore you are not under contract and get him to remove his sign easily (or do it yourself). If he did give you a copy of the contract, I would contact him and ask what the deal is, let him know you are disappointed and that you expect these things to be done ASAP. In my opinion, realtors are slack, they rely too much on the MLS to get the word out about your home. You might be better off doing a ForSalebyowner.com. That is what I am going to do as soon as my contract runs out with my very slack realtor.
Cheryl, Home Seller, Hayden, AL
Thu Aug 21, 2008
Another thing to add is, our agent is also the owner and broker of the real estate company. I don't think I have anyone to go for my issue. Thanks guys for the great advise so far.
Marilyn Gibb…, Agent, Delmar, NY
Thu Aug 21, 2008
Definitely call the broker. It is important that your house have an MLS# and be listed in MLS so that it can be shown. Tell the broker you want a written marketing plan and make sure they stick to it.
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Thu Aug 21, 2008
YOu could be in for a long road. I would call the listing agent and confront him/her first. if you feel you are not getting anywhere then ask for the principal broker. You need to communicate these item that have been neglected. i know here we have to have the house in MLS within 24 hours of listing. For instance ill gove you a snap shot of what i think should be done from the time you signed. Take interior and exterior pictures same day as listing is signed, make a record of all items, upgrades and things that make your home special, place lawn sign, place lock box, go back and immediately enter into MLS, Upload pictures, print listing sheets, upload onto our business web site, enter ads for property into the popular web sites. (that is all first day). Then gove you a copy of the listing sheet for review to see if i miised something or if you want to add anything. Place ads in local papaers, place ads in weekly/monthly Real Estate magazines. Schedule office tour to show my agents your home, if they dont view it and get to know your home, they cant sell it. You cant describe something you have never seen when the phone rings.I dont need 2 weeks, just 2 days. Call them and get them moving so you can sell your home and you can get moving. good luck with your sale
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Frank Diaz, Agent, Honolulu, HI
Thu Aug 21, 2008
Call the Broker in Charge at his office and see what the plan is.
You should have a written plan in place to market your home. It doesn't have to be in stone, but it should outline the various types of advertising including print, mail, internet, door to door, open houses, etc.