Question removed

Asked by oosmk1112, Santa Monica, CA Sat Mar 9, 2013

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

6
oosmk1112, Home Seller, Santa Monica, CA
Sun Mar 10, 2013
Oh, what was I thinking? I'm asking realtors to respond to an ethical wrong committed by one of their own members. To flagrantly and maliciously accuse someone, whether in the real estate arena or life in general, of racial discrimination with absolutely no basis is wrong on so many levels. None of you seem to get that. But why should I have expected anything more? Thanks for the enlightenment on the world of realtors.
John Bourassa, , Fort Lauderdale, FL
Sun Mar 10, 2013
Remember that there are always three sided to every story: One's version, the other's version and the truth in between. Because your house was subsequently sold to an African American, that does not excuse the circumstances and actions that were taken because of the agent's tardiness to show up at your door. And because the agent's complaint against you (or his/her buyer's complaint) was dismissed by the HR Division, it will be considered irrelevant with your new complaint against the agent.

But if you feel that you really want to go on that road, call the Board of Realtors that the agent belongs to and file a motion to complaint. They will send you the proper forms to fill out to move forward with your complaint.

Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Sat Mar 9, 2013
I would contact a local attorney and also the Dept of State regarding the other agent. Typically the Dept of State will hear both sides before a complaint is filed against the agent.

Chris
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Sat Mar 9, 2013
oos,
The advise you request has consequences that could affect you materially.
Because of this, you should SERIOUSLY consider consulting an attorney.
I can not disclose to you the potential of compromising your situation if you pursue the path you have indicated. My advise is my attempt to preserve your future options. Consult an attorney.

If, however, you only want to irritate the agent, filing a complaint should work just fine. The agent will have to make a gazillion copies of the complaint and her response, with documentation, and deliver them to the local board. That is irritating. What is the outcome you want? Since you do not state anything specific, this appears to be just tit-for-tat. Is that the Karma you want to release?

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us

Scotsdale Bluffs, Dunedin Home Tour
http://youtu.be/KTuVUxNDpOQ
John Bennett, Agent, Orlando, FL
Sat Mar 9, 2013
The place you get a form is:

http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/re/documents/re-2200-1.pdf

I am not sure what grounds you might have to do so. Suggest you contact a lawyer to see what might be your best option.

Sometimes, it's good to let sleeping dogs . . . . well you know.

John
I don't want to file a lawsuit. I just want to file a complaint against this realtor for filing false and fraudulent complaints against innocent home sellers and putting me through a bunch of grief and stress for no reason. Real tired of the boo-hoo, poor me, I'm African American when there is no basis for such behavior. If you're a realtor and can't sell your client a house, don't blame the sellers.
Flag Sat Mar 9, 2013
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Sat Mar 9, 2013
I didn't think that the Discrimination Laws were applicable to a Seller/Individual:
I thought that they could only be enforced against Companies!
You could complain to the BROKER and to the local MLS and to the STATE Board.