Question removed

Asked by MissTessi, Seattle, WA Thu Jul 3, 2008

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

3
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Thu Jul 3, 2008
Hello Miss Tessi:

If your goal is truly to find the right Realtor to represent you rather than just having an Open House to get the Realtors to come and see the house and sell it, then I would advise you to do the following:

1) Get recommondation of Realtors from friends, families, relatives.
2) Schedule a dedicate time with the specific realtor and interview he/her. Spend time to get to know them and find out about their track record, their philosphy and what they will do for you, as well as if they can meet your expectation.

I don't think your method of holding an open house or two and get the Realtorss to come through all at one time might be a way to lure Realtors to see your house, but certainly not a good way to seriously interview one and find the best one.

Sylvia
jimgatos, Agent, Westborough, MA
Thu Jul 3, 2008
I am not even from your area or even the same state, Let me tell you, if you did what you want to do in my area, you'd probably attract the WORST Realtors or real estate agents you could find.. The way I would find an agent is to find someone who is a smart worker; one who PROSPECTS every day versus waiting for business to come their way. A strong track record is nice. Sen me a message and I if you'd like I'll try to find someone strong like that.
Web Reference:  http://massrealestateguy.com
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Thu Jul 3, 2008
Miss Tessi
Since I will not be present I'd like to take this opportunity to offer a little advice.
Most Realtors are professionals. Our job is to help people sell their home for top dollar, With respect, this type of marketing is not in your best interest.

I recommend that you interview as many Realtors as you wish. Make a list of questions, then ask each one the same questions, and compare answers. For example, you stipulate two things that you want in a marketing plan - put it in the MLS and hold open houses. I suggest that you ask the REaltor what THEIR plan is to sell you property for the highest price. Then you can learn and compare their responses in order to select the best Realtor.

Good luck to you. Think of this as trying to attract the best, most qualified Realtor, as opposed to a "Y'all come, y'hear?".