Question removed

Asked by Romella, Kissimmee, FL Wed Jul 2, 2008

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

5
Paul Antonel…, Agent, Saint Cloud, FL
Wed Jul 2, 2008
There are tons of property management companies in our area. But if you will be living close you will probably be doing your own property management. Craigs List is really great for getting tenants, plus many local and national newspapers have FREE classifieds.
If you need some extra local expoesure. My web site gets thousands of hits per month and lately I have been getting calls and emails of people looking for rentals. I can post it on my site for you for free. Just a service I do for my clients.
Let me know if I can help
PoincianaHome, , Poinciana, FL
Wed Jul 2, 2008
To checkout prospective tenants:

-- Make sure their credit scores are not below 620 and you'll be pretty safe.
-- Do a criminal background check online for about $50.
-- Make sure you use a standard Florida lease form.
-- Do not be forgiving if someone lies on their application forms or, should I say, better safe than sorry.

For more information, check out our blog under Web References, below.
Mott Marvin…, Agent, Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Wed Jul 2, 2008
In terview the prospective tenant personally, perform a prior rental history performance report, credit check and background check. Most real estate firms and agents will typically perform these services as part of the agreement to lease. There are MANY websites where potential tenants search for rentals; they will find you!
Antonio Vega…, Agent, Saint Cloud, FL
Wed Jul 2, 2008
Romella:

GO with a management company. Our company does credit screen on every person, and no one with a negative housing payment history (evictions, defaults, bakruptcies) is allowed to lease without your approval. We also do a full criminal background check. Currently we manage over 400 leased properties, and just took over Avatar Leasing. We are Centrally located in Kissimmee.

If interested call me for more details at 407-791-9086

Tony.Vega@ColdwellBanker.com
Karen Wantuck, Agent, Sarasota, FL
Wed Jul 2, 2008
I have rental property as well as being an agent. I find tenants through http://www.craigslist.com. Originally I used the local newspaper but I've found the craigslist works better. However, those were for properties in Atlanta, GA a big market. You can also put up signs in the local grocery store bulletin board.

The key word you use is "good" tenant. I always interview by phone. And if you really want to find out about a person just get them talking about themselves, what they are looking for, why they left where they were living. I never take a tenant who complains about the way the former place was managed, kept up because those folks will end up not liking your place any better, it seems.

Depending on the rent, I check out the credit history, criminal history of the person through a company that will do so for just $25. Contact me and I'll get you that email, name. It takes no time at all and will at least let you know if the person jumped ship on a former landlord.

Lastly, if it is someone who lives locally, I go and visit them at their current residency. In that way, I do a sniff test. Is the place kept clean, are there messes in their place that I wouldn't want in mine, is the garden kept up, dirty walls, pets I didnt know about. And then, too, after renting to folks for 30 years I go by my intuition. If I don't get a good feeling from them, I don't rent to them. After all, you are going to have to deal with these folks every month if for nothing else than to collect your rent and it can eat away at you if that becomes a hassle.