Question removed

Asked by Joseph, 60660 Fri Jun 13, 2008

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

5
Don Yosef Ma…, Agent, Highland Park, IL
Thu Jul 24, 2008
Dear Josef, I AM A PROPERTY TAX EXPERT, I used to work for the Cook County Assessor's Office for 8 yrs. I have help thousands of people across Cook County. If you give me your PIN I could answer any or all of your questions instead of trying to give you a possible answer. Sometimes it could be opening up a can of worms so you need when to ask and when not to ask certain questions about your property tax's and to whom. There are so many possible answers here I preferre to give you the right one when I get your property index number or PIN. I have been doing this for 25 years, serving Cook,Lake and other county's in IL on request .
Thank you again,
Sincerely yours
DJM Property Tax Reduction Consultant
DonYo770@aol.com
847-361-7770
Joseph, Both Buyer And Seller, 60660
Fri Jun 13, 2008
****** Thank you all for your answers*****
:O)
Brandon Schu…, Agent, Western Springs, IL
Fri Jun 13, 2008
I just checked the tax data on that building and Unit C2 taxes are 416.00. It seems like the floor level and the view has a lot to do with the taxes but to me it seems like you're in line. The higher the floor, the higher the taxes.
Tom McCarey, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Jun 13, 2008
Joseph,
Earlier this year I sold a condo across the street from you at 6300 Sheridan. My client's taxes were half what you pay. It seemed that every agent who showed the unit wanted verification that the taxes were this low. In terms of your situation, I don't typically perceive rhyme or reason as to how the assessor's office works and cannot reasonably explain why your taxes are lower than your neighbors. But there you are with taxes half or more than half of other comparable homes. At the end of the day, though, I don't think it's a major selling point - it's only $600 or so and the next buyer likely will have taxes based on what they pay for your condo.

Best of luck marketing your condo. Right now there are 10 units available in your building, almost evenly split between one and two beds.

Tom McCarey
The Real Estate Lounge Chicago with @properties chicago
Fred Scovell, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Jun 13, 2008
Your taxes may have been adjusted for a senior citizen exemption for a previous owner which may not be correctly applied at this time. This exemption would not carry foward.