Question removed

Asked by Looking To Get It Sold, 19086 Sun Dec 11, 2011

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

10
Barbara Berue, Agent, Media, PA
Sun Dec 11, 2011
Dear "Looking To Get It Sold",
Not only do I work in Wallingford, but I live here too! In order to make sure your home sells, your agent should be advertising online , offline, emailing flyers to other agents, showing their own buyers, providing feedback, staging, and keeping the price current with the market. Unfortunately we have lost value like most neighborhoods.... While on the market...you are in a beauty contest and a price war....Are you winning both? If not, expect to sit on the market.
P.S-I don't market myself personally in the neighborhood, but through personal references...
Feel free to call me when you're out of your contract
Barbara Berue
610-513-8900
Fred Glick, Agent, Mountain View, CA
Sun Dec 11, 2011
After a year, I would say a fresh face with different ideas may help as long as the home is priced right.

A good house that shows well, priced right with an agent that comprehends how to sell the home to a qualified buyer is what you need.

Wallingford is a nice area. I'd be happy to talk/meet with you to discuss what may work.

Fred Glick
U S Spaces, Inc.
215-852-4469
215-829-8850 Main
Licensed in PA
Web Reference:  http://fredglick.com
Dp2, , Virginia
Sun Dec 11, 2011
I loved the way that Barbara described the marketing: as a "beauty contest and price war". You should also walk your comps to check out your competition, and make the appropriate adjustments with your own marketing.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sun Dec 11, 2011
Looking.....

There could be any number of reasons why your home hasn't sold. The fact that it hasn't may or may not be directly tied to your agent. As others have indicated, pricing is a major factor that must be take seriously.

In hind sight....it's important to have periodic reviews with your agent to discuss your marketing plan, what is and isn't working, as well as possible adjustments that would improve the home's activity. We would recommend that you consider taking this initiative prior to making any drastic adjustment. It's important to get your agent's impression of why they feel your property hasn't sold.

Changing agents may provide you with peace of mind but it may not be the solution to your problem. Accepting your property for what it is, and having an accurate appreciation for the local RE market are perhaps the most important understandings you could arrive at before making any major decision.

Jon Christop…, Agent, Conshohocken, PA
Sun Dec 11, 2011

As some of the previous answers have indicated your home is over priced. I would like to speak with you further about my services if you would like. Please see the link below. Best,

Jon Christopher
Erica Ramus,…, Agent, Pottsville, PA
Sun Dec 11, 2011
Sometimes switching agents does spur activity, with a fresh set of eyes and fresh marketing. But even more important, the new agent frequently does get a price reduction, which is the key to getting new people to look at the house.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Sun Dec 11, 2011
We have seen that if a house has not sold over a prolonged period of time,
that 98% of the time, the LISING PRICE was too high!
It won't even get consideration.

Good luck and may God bless
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sun Dec 11, 2011
Has your agent made suggestions or given advice that you have not followed (re: staging, pricing, etc)?

Has your agent done everything he or she said they would do (in regard to marketing) prior to listing your home?

Has your agent stayed in touch with you, shared feedback with you.....and updated you on the market as changes occurred?

The answers to those questions might help you answer your own question.

Best wishes.......
Bev Kalb, Agent, Bally, PA
Sun Dec 11, 2011
That depends. Is you home priced properly compared to recent solds in your area? Has you agent comunicated with you on a regular basis including feedback after showings? Does your agent have your home advertised on MLS with many attention getting pictures that are seasonally appropriate? Is your home on numerous websites with multiple pictures, has your agent offered suggestions which you have followed? If you anwered yes to these questions I would not blame your agent.
Sit down with him or her and voice your concerns and give your agent a chance to provide a possible solution.
However if your agent is hard to get in touch with, does not provide feedback or does not know your neighborhood market it may be time to switch agents. I see too many agents taking listings in areas they have never even been to until the listing appt.
Bev Kalb
Century 21 Longacre Realty
R. Eric Axel…, Agent, Cherry Hill, NJ
Sun Dec 11, 2011
Is there a sign on the property? How many photos are in the MLS? Did they hold a broker's open house? How many public open houses did they hold? Has your agent recommended any price improvements?

Have any other houses sold in your neighborhood? What is your competition like? You can see for yourself at http://www.homefinder360.com/mimarket/zip/19086

Feel free to private message me your address and I will review a little deeper.

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
856.617.1212 mobile
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference:  http://kurfiss.com