Question removed

Asked by Michelle, Hillsborough, CA Wed Apr 23, 2008

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

11
Michelle, , Hillsborough, CA
Wed Apr 23, 2008
Thank you all for answering. My "listing agent' is not representing us in the transaction. We handle all communication with the buyer's agents including showings, offers, etc. The agent was paid a low flat fee to list the property. We will just be paying the commission to the buyer's agent. I'm asking the question about recent sales because we have received an offer for $35k less than our asking price. I just wanted to see if our listing price is fair or perhaps a little higher than it should be so that I know how to best counter this offer. I will look at zillow.
Louise Stein, Agent, Aberdeen, WA
Wed Apr 23, 2008
Simply call me and I will search through records that record all sales in the area of your home through my multilple listing link. This can be done quickly and has proven to be a valuable tool for buying and selling a home.
Moore, , Poneto, IN
Wed Apr 23, 2008
A full service Prudential Real Estate Professional can help you find the information you are looking for.
Web Reference:  http://www.jmoore.prunw.com
Cristina Weg…, Agent, San Mateo, CA
Wed Apr 23, 2008
Hi Michelle,

If you want home sales record for the last 3 mos in your area, I can send you that information for free. You can start from that Comparable market analysis report on how you can better price your property. This report will give you the Active, sold, pending in the last 3/6/12 mos if you want. You can email me at cristyweg@comcast.net to receive this complimentary CMA.
Tristan Cela…, , Marin County, CA
Wed Apr 23, 2008
Michelle,

Home pricing is NOT science so you'll likely get different responses from different folks, from different agents. The seller finally sets the asking price.
The link below is to Zillow.com quarterly sales reports. Zoom down and you'll see Hillsborough where prices have risen in a slumping market.
I recommend researching ACTIVE listings and then selecting a "best" price to assure viewings and consquently offers. I don't know what a flat fee MLS is but rest assured the quality and substance of your presentation to the market and where the listing is posted is most important. You want the very best presentation to the MLS and to the public. The quality of verbiage and photos goes a long way to soliciting prospective buyers.
Lewis Grubbs, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Wed Apr 23, 2008
Michelle,

There are a number of websites available that will provide you with information on sales in your area. The problem is that many times that information is incorrect. The best way to gather the information that you are requesting is to contact a real estate broker in your area. It appears from your question that you are you are trying to sell you home with as little expense to you as possible. It may be practical to interview several brokers to learn how they can market your home to reach the greatest number of potential buyers and what their fee would be to sell your home. Brokerage fees are negotiable however a good agent will earn their fee. Ask them for a "Seller Services Guarantee" stating that they will do everything they say they will do to sell your house. You may find that you will find a buyer for your home faster and sell it for more than you otherwise would. Remember, if they help you sell your home, everyone wins.
Allison Klein, , Redwood Shores, Redwood City, CA
Wed Apr 23, 2008
You definitely need a real estate agent. They can give you all the info from the MLS you need. As another agent said Zillow.com can help as well, but it is not as accurate as an agent's data would be and I would use it as a starting point and then consult an agent.
Roz Siegel, Agent, Portland, ME
Wed Apr 23, 2008
Hire a real estate agent to help you. The agent should have access to most of the records through the multiple listings, and will know appraisers who deal with the the for sale by owners as well.
Joshua Stern, Agent, Salt Lake City, UT
Wed Apr 23, 2008
I wouldn't rely on any websites that are available to tell you what your property is worth in today's market. It would be wise to contact a local real estate specialist who works in your area to provide you with up to date information about our ever changing market. You may want to contact more than one agent to get the information you are looking for.
Shirley Andr…, Agent, Burlingame, CA
Wed Apr 23, 2008
Hello, Thank you for your question. Usually the first process a listing agent will take regardless of the type of service you are paying for ,should provide you with a Market Analysis or "comparables" as most people call them. The market analysis is an report which is generated from information supported in the MLS for the area in which you currently own property. It includes information for all the active, pending , sold properties with details as to how long a home was on the market and the exact price of the closed escrow. It is a free service which I provide to all potential sellers to make certain that the home is priced properly from the first day it hits the market. It this is something you would like for me to provide, as I mentioned it it complimentary. Let me know. I hope this information is helpful.-Shirley
Web Reference:  http://www.shirleya.com
Nancy McSween, Agent, Pasadena, CA
Wed Apr 23, 2008
You can contact a real estate agent and ask them to run comparative prices, active listings, pending listings and just sold listings within the last three months. Next, you can go on the website, zillow.com and put in the address, city, state and that site will give you what the sale price would be (only a real estate agent can tell you if that information is correct). This site can also give you home comparables in that same area.
Web Reference:  http://www.zillow.com