Question removed

Asked by Patricia Mayer, Sea Girt, NJ Tue Aug 2, 2011

This question was removed by Trulia moderators.

Answers

7
John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Tue Aug 2, 2011
Yes, but that seems like a slogan to me. You need to get that from the face to face meeting

So to me, it is really more of the interview process.. reading the Realtor and understand their knowledge of the market and home selling in general. Ask to SEE what they are going to do.. Have it in your hand.. Not just talk..

Let me see what you are currently doing and the most recent LISTING sale .. What did you do for them?
You are going to get a heck of a snow job from a lot of Realtors promising the moon, but if you cannot see what they will do..or have done and get a good feeling about their knowledge and home selling ability... move on.

John Sacktig
Broker/ Manager
Orange Key Realty
Direct: 732-213-1409
JSacktig@orangekeyrealty.com
Karen Parsons…, Agent, Laguna Beach, CA
Tue Aug 2, 2011
Pat,

1) will they do what they say they will do
2) can you reach them when you need them
3) do they have the experience and resources to problem solve

just my thoughts

Karen
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Tue Aug 2, 2011
Pat,

There are plenty of people out there that regardless of the profession have the ability to convince people they are the best thing since "sliced bread" but when it comes down to actually getting the job done....well, that are lost.

The process becomes one of distinguishing between what is factual and what is bull puckey. A "face-to-face" interview process with well formulated questions that focuses on provable information is likely the best avenue.

Jane Shebroe, Agent, Jupiter, FL
Tue Aug 2, 2011
I think an immense over-looked factor is that some realtors are hurried, and should take more time out to really get to know the wants and needs of the client.
That extra 20-minutes spent to openly ask questions is what helps the realtor get a clearer view of what the client is looking for.
Without that connection they can never be on the same page, and the realtor ends up unknowingly trying to sell an orange to a client that really wants an apple.
When you can virtually walk in the same shoes as your client, you establish a strong and lasting business relationship or bond that no competitors can ever break through. Most clients can sense the difference between true empathy and sales talk. Just my opinion.

Jane
http://www.RealTerrific.com
Florida Citi…, Both Buyer And Seller, Tampa, FL
Tue Aug 2, 2011
1. Do you know what you are doing?
2. Do you have the resources I need?
3. Can I trust you?

How you convey this information is crucial.
Look at all the letters following my name, I'm a member of the million dollar bling club, and my momma loves me are not acceptable ways of conveying this information.
Tribeca NW, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Tue Aug 2, 2011
Prepare interview questions that align with your underlying goals to either buying or selling a home. Interview more than one Realtor, Make sure you like and trust the Realtor you choose
Patricia May…, Agent, Sea Girt, NJ
Tue Aug 2, 2011
Is it: Loyalty,, Confidentiality, Trust, Responsiveness, Experience?