Question removed

Asked by Mike, Indianapolis, IN Thu Apr 28, 2011

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

18
Harry Kunelis, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Apr 28, 2011
Greetings,

i assume your are not disclosing the address for a reason. if you are on Ashland around 4000 block north, your liquidation price will be between $150-$225/sf. depending any new repairs a buyer/investor would need to put into it. so multiply the size of you condo by $$/sf. if you have a parking space, you can then add $10K-$15K to your price. All assuming this is not a possible pre foreclosure, which would then be sold at an additional discount.

Also, depending on your motivation to sell, and depending if this is/is not a pre foreclosure, you can set up a lease to own for a new tenant/buyer and receive non-refundable option consideration money up front in your pocket. if you have not done this before, i recommend you get professional help. currently, i use 8 different contracts for rent to own depending on the scenario.

If this is a pre foreclosure/short sale candidate, you also will need professional help. Investor initiated short sale will be a much smoother ride for you. also, these contracts are very specific regarding how the property is handled in the bank's loss mitigation department. you can contact me anytime to determine your needs and if we would even be the right fit for you.

harry (investor/agent)
HK Creative Investments, Inc
312-339-6758
Web Reference:  http://www.3stepvictory.com
Deborah Smith, Agent, Oak Forest, IL
Thu Apr 28, 2011
Need more information in order to do a market analysis. The address,exterior,basement,dining room,this
all is needed to price the property correctly. Thank you Debble Bergthold-Smith Classic Real Estate
708-267-5552
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Apr 28, 2011
Sure price it at a grand, lol.

But really, we need to know more about the property before we can throw out a number of what its worth. Have a few agents come by, and give you their opinon on the place. Take it from there on what you think a good price would be. I would be happy to help.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696
Web Reference:  http://americorpre.com
Evelyn S. Fr…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Apr 28, 2011
Hi Mike,

Yup, you guessed it! We have to see what you're selling before we can put a price tag on it. Are you looking to short sale? Are you experiencing financial hardship? How long have you owned it? What is the balance due on the mortgage? What's your time frame? Why do you want to sell?

These are samples of questions a Realtor may ask you to better determine a pricing strategy, sale price & your net proceeds. Interview a few sellers agents. Start right here with those that responded to your inquiry, myself included.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any further questions or if you would like a free consultation or market analysis. Good luck!
Tatiana Perry, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Apr 28, 2011
Last 6 mo in your area/ 60613/ sold 23 units/3bd 2bth/ price range 350,000 to 750,000. Please contact me ASAP, I would like to take a look @ your unit , discuss CMA and strategy to sell. I really appreciate your business and trust. Best regards. Tatiana Perry 773 551 6554 tatiana@conlonrealestate.com
http://www.conlonrealestate.com
Urvashi Verma, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Apr 28, 2011
Dear Mike,

The best way to assess the selling price of your home is to do a detailed market analysis. In order to answer your questions, I would need to know approx. square footage, if its newly built/updated & most importantly where on Ashland Avenue it is located.

As you already know many people are looking for homes on the internet. You would need to find an great agent & an agency with strong internet presence to be able to sell your home fast. @properties has the best marketing resources available in Chicago area market, & if you price your home correctly you will be able to sell quickly.

Please feel free to send me an email with your address and details requested above, & I will be happy to email you a CMA. Please know that I specialize in condos & single family homes in the northside areas Lakeview, Lincoln Park, Lincoln Square, Southport Corridor & Ravenswood.

Feel free to visit my website, I would love to help you sell you house!

Urvashi Verma
@properties
(312) 671-9207
urvashi@atproperties.com
Tom Kelley, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Apr 28, 2011
Hi Mike,

As you can see by the responses -- most of us Realtors really need an actual address and we would most likely need to see the unit to look at the appliances, fixtures and the overall shape of the of the condo to give you and kind of useful information. With the address alone, we could probably provide you with a range. But, if you want to sell it quickly, there are number of additional questions that need answers - How many units are in the building? Are all the owners up to date with their assessments - if not what percentage aren't and how much is owed. Are there any distressed (short sale / foreclosure) properties in the building -- if so how many or what percentage? We would need to figure out if a buyer would be able to obtain a loan to buy into the building - or if it would require a cash buyer / investor to buy the unit. Today, these questions are almost more important than the specifics about the unit. I would be happy to talk to you about what it would take to price your unit correctly and what to expect when marketing it.

Please feel free to give me a call or send me an email.

Tom Kelley
Dream Town Realty
773-945-0130
tkelley@dreamtown.com
Philip Sencer, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Apr 28, 2011
You need to have a few agents do a market analysis to show what similar units have been doing. Being on Ashland is somewhat of a negative even if you have one of those newer construction 3-6 flats. If you bought in 2006 after the rehab you bought at the peak of the 'bubble', so you may not like market value you see today. The price you list at is based on the market history for similar properties to yours and your level of motivation. It's not fun trying to sell anything in this market. If you have the option of renting for a year or two consider it if it does not sell by late summer.
All those statistics you can get on trulia/zillow etc are just a ball park guide in relation to your specific property which in this market can be significantly off base.
My web site explains my listing programs or give me a call.
Jesse McGrath, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Apr 28, 2011
Mike,
All good answers but I would add that you should find an agent that uses agent metrics for neighborhood stats. Also, find a great company like @properties that has proven performance and excellent marketing. Its all about driving traffic to your listing!

Jesse McGrath
@properties
312-545-2775
jmcgrath@atproperties.com
Bob McCorry, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Apr 28, 2011
Hi Mike,

I would need to see your condo before coming to price range. After viewing your home, we would have to look at all other 3 Bed 2 Bath units that have sold recently. This will give us an idea of where the market is. Next, we would have to take a look at all of the 3/2s that are on the market right now. These are also known as, 'your competition'.

I would be happy to discuss this in further detail with you. Please give me a call.

Bob McCorry
Keller Williams Gold Coast Realtors
773.517.7004
Web Reference:  http://www.bobmccorry.com/
John Zloza, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Thu Apr 28, 2011
Hey Mike,

If you want to email me the address, I can look up the details of the home and give you a very good market assessment. No Realtor has a crystal ball, but I will give you a good idea of what will bring in a quick sale and after all of your closing costs what you will be left with. Feel free to email me at jzloza@chemail.com. I know the area very well and it is in my area of expertise.

John Zloza
708-935-4997
John Herreid, Agent, Media, PA
Thu Apr 28, 2011
Best way to get at that would be to find a good realtor in your area and ask him or her to give you a CMA, aka Comparative Market Analysis. You can probably find a good one by going to Google or Yahoo and looking for "Realtor in ________________", whatever your area is.

Another way to go would be to find a good appraiser and ask him or her to do an appraisal designed to give you the best estimate of the current market value. Any reliable real estate mortgage lender in your area should be able to give you several names. That will cost you about $350-$450, but it is another way to get your arms around that information.

Do not, REPEAT DO NOT, rely on an appraisal you may have had done for purposes of qualifying for a Home Equity Line of Credit. My experience is that these are notoriously generous in their estmate of value. That could lead you to make some bad decisions.
Web Reference:  http://www.johnherreid.com
Joel Raynes, Agent, Wilmette, IL
Thu Apr 28, 2011
Miket,

It would be almost impossible to price sight unseen. I would need to know where it is located and what features it has. I would be happy to assist you. Thank you for the opportunity!

Joel Raynes
"Your Home Therapist"
Coldwell Banker
312-607-2784
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Thu Apr 28, 2011
Mike,
There are too many variables for anyone to give you a useful number. Your best bet will be to have a local agent who regularly business in your complex provide you a market analysis. As an agent we're always ready to work with a seller who is ready to sell quickly. You should get a couple of opinions and decide from there. Best of luck.
Tommy Hicks, , Dallas, TX
Thu Apr 28, 2011
Mike,
You'll need to sit down with a Realtor to find out exact market value. There are, as I'm sure you know, a lot of factors that go into a listing price. Step one: Contact a Realtor.
Earl Ruthman, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Apr 28, 2011
Hi Mike, Ashland is a really big street, are you in lakeview? Rogers Park? how many units are in the building? If you want to search the MLS (including sold properties) you can sign up on my website and get a good idea of what the Condo's on your stretch of Ashland are selling for. the link is http://earlruthman.listingbook.com , . Judging by the zip, I am guessing you are between irving and Belmont.
Mark Malave, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Apr 28, 2011
It would be irresponsible to quote you a listing price without seeing the unit.
Web Reference:  http://Www.markmalave.com
Eric Marcus, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Apr 28, 2011
Would need to see it first. Send me a note at esmarcus@sbcglobal.net or call me at 773-244-1110.

Eric Marcus
Eric Marcus Real Estate Group
Your Real Friend in Chicago Real Estate
773-244-1110
5-star Rated on Zillow.com