No we are not represented by a Agent. The Mtg. Broker is a friend of a friend, continues to try to close it. Last we heard was yesterday they were trying to sell this trailer, we should have heard something by days end and we have not, so Broker said First thing today.... We'll see! They will not be able to get a denial, the loan is waiting on them.
Contract reads they had to give us 30 written notice of being unable to close. So I believe that we have "Specific performance" issues. BUT not being able to afford an attorney.... This is bringing us down further and further financially. they also have items on the property, that in the beginning we let them put in a shed verbally, then they bought some of the furniture cash and that is still there. I want them to remove it, and can not get them to answer calls or emails, and Broker is trying to be creative in helping them find ways to close this, but in the mean time...... We're stuck holding the bag. I thought about emailing them 12 hrs notice to remove it, as well as charging them for storage fees and then charging them everyday past the closing date to close....But if they back out...... and we don't close we don't have the large equity that will help us forward, But, if they do close my husband can come back home, (he's still down there trying to get it closed and sell furniture) and start working on the business we were opening, which that is sitting by the waste side because of all this. Bottom line, we were foolish to trust. We bought our home years ago on a handshake, and we could have messed things up for the seller and they the same for us, but we never even thought to do something like this. And here we are in the bind we are in because of trust.
I do not believe the measly 1000.00 deposit check they gave us is good either. So here we are with a bad check and two homes and 2 kids that are running our lives at this moment because they can. His parents co-signed, so we can go after the $$ from the parents. I just am not that type of person though...... Not to mention again, I just don't have the type of money to fight this, nor walk away from it. :(
Thank you all! Will keep you posted!!