Question removed

Asked by Cemilie, Longmeadow, MA Sun Oct 10, 2010

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

5
Elizabeth He…, Agent, Agawam, MA
Sun Oct 10, 2010
Hello, Cemilie.

As somebody who lives in Longmeadow myself I am very aware of how precious buildable land is in our town.

Do you have the listing paperwork? On the Listing contract should be an expiration date.

It's not illegal what your realtor did, but your realtor should have kept you aprised of what was going on with the marketing of your land.

If I can be of any help, like I mentioned before I live right here in Longmeadow and can be reached at 413-657-7159.
Dianne Lemay, Agent, Wakefield, RI
Mon Oct 11, 2010
Dear Cemilie,

I'm so sorry that you had to waste time believing your land was still up for sale, your Realtor should have called you to let you know that your contract was expiring and ask you if you would like to extent your contract. There is nothing you can do about it because you should have a contract with the expiration date on it, I would love to help you out my office is in Longmeadow so feel free to call me any time. I hope this was helpful
Dianne Lemay
Keller Williams
413-636-9048
Kevin Olson,…, Agent, Colorado Springs, CO
Sun Oct 10, 2010
There is nothing illegal, but more along the lines of unethical. As a seller you are supposed to get copies of everything you sign for your own records. Maybe this was done, but there still needs to be some form of communication.

Vacant land can harder to keep communication with (no showings, not as much activity as a home), but there still needs to be communication.
Christine Mo…, Agent, Wilbraham, MA
Sun Oct 10, 2010
Most listing agreements are only for a matter of months but it is negotiable. Your Realtor should have called you when it expired to re-list it. I am sorry that has happened to you. If you would like me to put your land back on the market for you give me a call. 413-279-9052.

Warm regards,

Christine Moran
Jim McCowan, Agent, Arlington, VA
Sun Oct 10, 2010
It's not a question of legality, maybe more of ethics. You should have gotten a copy of the contract to purchase your land to review. If he/she didn't give it to you, you probably should have asked for it.