Question removed

Asked by J Johnson, 08401 Sun Feb 10, 2008

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

7
Corey Grushin, Agent, East Brunswick, NJ
Wed Feb 20, 2008
First you have to know what is the lien amount aginst the property.To do this click on the link below to look at all the public records in atlantic county. The search allows you to look thing up by Party name, the document type or by town, block & lot. You must know how much money is owed & to whom. This can be negotiated as well.
The second thing to do would be to get a market analysis done for the property by a few realtors. Tell them you need it for the present condition, then tell them what type of fixes you want to do and ask if the listing price would differ.
After you get the opinions /knowledge of these professionals you can make an educated decision on what to do.
Remember even with poor credit you may be able to qualify for a loan if the deal (loan) makes sense, but right now you don't know what you can gain by fixing up the property.
All of this knowledge to gain at no cost but your time.
John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Sun Feb 10, 2008
It all depends upon the lien. You should be able to get some help. You just mey be better off sellng as it is, paying off the lien and take what you can get.

It all depends upon the amount of the lien and your situation. The fixing up part may put you into someone else further.
Lisa, Both Buyer And Seller, Freehold, NJ
Tue Mar 4, 2008
J,

I am a private investor and we can talk more about the specific details pertaining to your house if you like. You can email me at lisa@lmspropertiesgroup.com
Howard, , Atlantic County, NJ
Tue Feb 26, 2008
As a local Broker Associate, I agree with Corey's Answer ( well Done )! I would love to assist you with finding the After Renovation Value ( ARV ). Howard "HD" DeRias - Sellstate Realty, LLC
Matthew & Ri…, Agent, Northfield, NJ
Fri Feb 15, 2008
My suggestion is to find out how much the lean is on the house first. If your not sure, I can help you by ordering a free title report. I would also suggest having a consultation to determine the value of your home. It may be better to sell the home as-is without making any repairs. My team works in Atlantic City and we are happy to assist you further if needed.

Please contact me for a free consultation to discuss this further.

Best wishes,
Matt
Web Reference:  http://HavilandGroup.net
Diane Glander, Agent, Spring Lake, NJ
Mon Feb 11, 2008
Before you do any repairs, you should see the 2007 NAR cost/vs value report. It tells you (on average) how much a return you will get for the improvements you make. I can fax a copy to you, or if you have specific questions, you can reach me via trulia or my website. I'd be happy to help. Then, you can decide if the improvements are worth it in the long run.
As John stated, sometimes it is just better to sell as is and let the buyer worry about the repairs.
Web Reference:  http://www.dianeglander.com
Christopher…, Agent, Hemet, CA
Sun Feb 10, 2008
Look to private investors that, depending on your equity and lien situation would provide rehab funds in exchange for tenant in common ownership and a future percentage of profits. If you have a viable situation, it may take some work to find the right investor but, could be an alternative worth looking into.