Question removed

Asked by Michael Ricci, 08721 Wed Sep 9, 2009

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

8
Patrick Thies, Agent, Anytown, IL
Wed Sep 9, 2009
Usually the home seller is not at the inspection. No offense here, but sometimes the seller can get in the way trying to justify things and it slows down the inspector. The buyer should absolutely be there and in my opinion so should the buyers agents. The inspector is there to inspect and explain any issues to the buyer. There is plenty of opportunities for the seller to respond to any issues later. As a listing agent, it might be a good idea to make an appearance during the inspection just to check on things. The listing agent may be able to answer some questions the inspector may have or at least be able to get a hold of the seller if need be.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Fri Sep 11, 2009
It is our experience that both the listing and selling agents are present for the home inspection in an effort to have access to accurate information and provide the level of services necessary. We always extent an invitation to our buyers to attent inspections but leave it to the desgression of the sellers.
Greg Bennett, Agent, Sugar Land, TX
Wed Sep 9, 2009
Wow. Dina are you sure the inspectors are there?

Buyer for sure. If they cant be there no big deal but the items will need to be explained and that may need to be done by the buyers agent. Personally I dont want to do that.

I sell RE plus recruit and train new agents (and old arrggh) I am really concerned with the young cocky males. They know it all and want to help with everything. NOT! As an agent you are dumber than a stump. You don't know anything about nothing! (so to speak) But you know who does!!! (not your broker!) We rely on the specialists: mortgage, title, attorneys, insurance, survey, contractors, gettin the pix? Dont be an expert it will get you in trouble!

So, seek out the best on the business and develop a relationship with them. Make it at least 3 in each category and provide the client with 3 names, unbiased.

For the inspection Listing agent should stop by for a few minutes in the beginning to see if there are any questions and maybe the very end but don't hang out. Get out of there and let the inspectors do their job. Sellers should not be there, they could be accused of distracting the inspector.

Good day!
Mat Allred, , Salt Lake City, UT
Wed Sep 9, 2009
With the home inspector that I use, he will go to the house and do a complete inspection on his own. Then he has the buyers show up for the final 30 minutes of the inspection to go over any issues or concerns. This is good for the buyers becuase they are able to get a good grasp on what is really going on with the home.

Listing agent and Sellers are never there. I discourage that.
Masood Yousaf, Agent, Cary, NC
Wed Sep 9, 2009
I am a real estate broker. I always go for inspection and prefer that client is there also.
Andrew Herren, Agent, Milledgeville, GA
Wed Sep 9, 2009
As a listing agent I will not be present at a home inspection and I advise my seller not to be present as well. The buyer and selling agent should review the inspection, then ask us(seller and agent) what they would like addressed. Once you have looked at the report it becomes material fact and you are obligated to disclose the defects to other potential buyers that view the property. I have had other agents just try to give me the inspection and expect us to "fix" everything noted in the inspection. Be careful as a buyer when this happens because if better offer comes in during this peroid a seller can just refuse to make any repairs and kill the deal. I have watched several buyers loose a home(that was underpriced) over a few hundred dollars of repairs.
Dina Romero, Agent, Upland, CA
Wed Sep 9, 2009
Good afternoon, Michael. The home inspection company is always there. Then, it depends on how the Listing agent & Buyer's agent work. Some will recommend the Buyer be there, in case any questions come up. Also, it is a good practice for the Buyer's agent or representative to be there to answer any questions the Buyer may have. It is also a good practice for the Listing agent to be there to represent the Seller. You, as the Seller may attend if you like, but do not need to be there. I hope this answered your question.
Web Reference:  http://www.dinaromero.com
Javier L. Ca…, , Riverside, CA
Wed Sep 9, 2009
The buyer should attend the inspection so that the inspector can explain his findings directly to the buyer so that he/she can make an informed decision regarding the purchase. I good buyer's agent will also attend in order to answer any other buyer questions.
Web Reference:  http://homes4-sale.net