Question removed

Asked by Clay, 07095 Wed Oct 17, 2007

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

6
ian cockburn, Agent, New Orleans, LA
Wed Oct 17, 2007
Yes...but seller needs to disclose it is not installed
Web Reference:  http://www.iansellsnola.com
Ute Ferdig, Agent, Newcastle, CA
Wed Oct 17, 2007
Hi Clay. It would depend on how it's listed. If the dishwasher is mentioned as one of the property features, I would expect it to be installed. If it just says dishwasher included, one could argue that's all it means although it does not necessarily make sense to include a dishwasher that requires installation when there's no place to install it unless it's a freestanding dishwasher.
Web Reference:  http://www.theMLShub.com
Pam Winterba…, Agent, Danville, VA
Wed Oct 17, 2007
Let's hope the seller intends to have it installed prior to close of escrow or they will have some liability here.
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Wed Oct 17, 2007
I sold a property once that included a new furnace that was not installed. It was in the original carton. The seller purchased with intent to install, but never did.

My investor buyer purchased the unit, sold it 1 year later......with the same furnace in the same box.

I didn't rep the buyer on that transaction, so I don't know whatever became of the furnace.

The installed existing furnace went through 2 inspections with me and was found to be in good working order.

All info was fully disclosed.
Clay, Home Buyer, 07095
Wed Oct 17, 2007
LOL is right. The listing says New dishwasher. But it is sitting in the cellar! Actually the listing feels misleading - there is basically no way to install it in the kitchen without expanding - but you do know know that until you walk through.
Cj, , Esp., New Mexico
Wed Oct 17, 2007
Lol, sure as long as the buyer is smart enough to put on the offer how, when and what type of dishwasher will be installed