Greg Jones, Home Seller in Memphis, TN

my neighborhood is going down hill and will soon be a rental neighborhood. I have an old house built in 1953

Asked by Greg Jones, Memphis, TN Wed Dec 12, 2007

that needs a little work before I can sell it. I am doing the work on it and I estimate it will take $1000 to $1500 to get it ready for market. Houses in that neighborhood have sold in 2007 for an average of $60000. I Home Buyer is offereng 56,000 for it, no closing costs, as is. I know you guys don't like Home Buyers but I am wondering is it worth the hassle to hold out for an xtra $4000?

Answers

1
ian cockburn, Agent, New Orleans, LA
Wed Dec 12, 2007
It appears from what you say I would take it and run.
That $4000.00 is to eliminate your risk. You need to value what is risk worth to you in $ and cents...what is your time worth, and a paper contract with a signature in the hand is better than all the paper litter on the street.

Make sure you know where the money is coming from for the offer..call and confirm with the buyers loan officer, and make a firm date of closing.
Web Reference:  http://iansellsnola.com