Yk, Both Buyer and Seller in Hillside Terrace, La...

my brother as exec in probate listed mom's house & soon offer had offer to sell it for less than I orig.offered. What r my rights to refuse?

Asked by Yk, Hillside Terrace, Laredo, TX Fri Oct 14, 2011

the sale? This is a probate sale w/court. Hopefully the Court will not allow sale for under 90% of 460,000 appraised value.
The buyer offer is 410,000. After r.e. comm fees, that is less then they offered me to buy house. I am concerned my brother (executor) will take the offer Can he/ exec & my sis take the offer despite my dispute. They listed the house because they wanted more than I could offer & now they will settle for less from a stranger with all additional fees that I wouldn't want to pay.
I am trying to avoid volatile family feud but I wanted to at least keep the house for sale longer for more or still have option to buy at lower price.
They are now asking me to agree to the 410,000 offer & I don't know how to respond...Im pressured for an answer for next few hours
Please help... probate atty is my brothers friend so answers are somewhat biased I need to respond & I want to protect my interests but I need to know legally how to respond Thank u

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Better Solut…, Both Buyer And Seller, California
Thu Oct 20, 2011
Why bother with this house only! There are many short sales and REO houses. Once you live in a house 1 year, you get attached to it . Hiring an attorney will cost you and lot of money and court dates. Believe me you don't want to get in family fights. It hurts a lot of feelings. If had lived in a big family and learn to give up thats the best solution.
1 vote
Sharon Butler, , Orange County, CA
Fri Oct 14, 2011
Gezzzzzzzzz, Why answer if they do not want to answer, frustrating when you are already frustrated. Yes, get your own attorney if you want to fork out some bucks OR work on common knowledge. Look, take the closing costs they are showing you, work up a closing costs showing they will get the same amount if you buy it or better and make a deal. I have been helping buyers and sellers, families and divorcing spouces in real estate since 1986.

I can help you make since of it, if you would like. I also have over 20 years experience in mortgage banking. I can do a work sheet on the closing costs for you.
1 vote
Ingrid Ski R…, Agent, Mission Viejo, CA
Fri Oct 14, 2011

I do recommend you speak to your own attorney. As a realtor I can not give you any legal advise. Good luck.

Ingrid Ski Realtor
0 votes
Shanna Rogers, Agent, Murrieta, CA
Fri Oct 14, 2011
Hi Yk,

Since you are seeking legal advice, you need to contact an Attorney. And, since you don't trust the Probate Attorney, consult your own Attorney.

Good luck.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more