my area

Asked by Dennis, 23462 Sun Jun 3, 2007

my home has been listed in pocahontas village in a very desirable school dist. and in a very conveinent location but have had very little foot traffic. its reasonably priced has the market slowed that much? im trying to relocate to nc for work and i need to get this sold any suggestions?

Answers

4
., , L' Anse, MI
Mon Jun 4, 2007
Dennis, with the increased use of the internet, there are less & less showings of homes. Almost 90% of home buyers start their search on the internet. Just keep taking fresh photos of the property on a regular basis, maybe every 2 weeks. If you are using a Realtor, have them do it. Good luck. ERA has a Seller's Security Plan that you might want to look into.
Robin Hollid…, Agent, Virginia Beach, VA
Wed Aug 19, 2009
hi Dennis,
How long has it been on the market? Do you have it for sale by owner or with an agent? and also, what is it listed at? The market is slow, listing it with a agent (if it isn't already) would be a smart thing today. Getting it in the MLS will help alot. When do you need to sell by? I would love to help if I can, just e-mail or give me a call and we can see what we can do!
Anja Howard, , Virginia Beach, VA
Fri Nov 14, 2008
Hi Dennis,
I hear these questions from sellers about the current market alot more frequently right now. There are other factors beyond location and price that increase showings. What are the terms and conditions that you are offering? Is there closing cost assistance and a home warranty plan offered? These are the things that buyers will be looking for with their agents in determining which homes they decide to preview. If there are 5 homes for sale in a similiar price range in the surrounding locations, which of the 3 would you pick as a buyer? The ones that are offering the most! Another key point to consider is agressive marketing. I'm not just talking about the internet sites..I like to call the neighbors and inform them of any new price reductions I have for my listings and invite them to bring any friends they know who might be interested in moving into the area. What makes your home special? Send out flyers and postcards with attention grabbing photos but keep the wording short. (Most people just skim it.) Market the amenities. If it's got a view of the ocean, lake, woods, or park take a great picture and make it a focal point in your marketing strategy. Convenient location and desirable school district-make sure you include that information so it stands out! Hope this helps!
Vincent Tale…, Agent, Virginia Beach, VA
Mon Jun 4, 2007
Yes, it's a slow market period. Foot traffic is something that we are all praying for right now. I can vouch for this because of the listings that I have...I'm in the same boat as you and your agent. Let me just say that although Trulia is a wonderful website, the chances are slim that it will do the trick and generate some foot traffic. From my Trulia feed and Trulia map (that I just recently removed from my home page, but can be found by clicking the link below), I can say that with about 20 listings on Trulia, I am generating a few leads every 2 weeks...but that's with 20 homes for slale.