list my house for sale

Asked by Buddy Tucker, Blythe, GA Tue Dec 13, 2011

how do i list my house for sale

Answers

6
Michael Lops, Agent, North Augusta, SC
Fri Nov 1, 2013
Buddy,

Thank you for listing your house with me.
I was really happy with how smooth the closing went.
It was a pleasure doing business with you.

Thanks again !

Michael Lops
Abu Musa, Agent, New York, NY
Tue Dec 13, 2011
The best way to sell your home is list with a real estate agent,If you like to put most money in your pocket you may talk to a real estate agent.
Brock Hughes, Agent, Augusta, GA
Tue Dec 13, 2011
Contact a local, honest Realtor that is familiar with your area. He or she will help with everything needed to sell your home.

Best wishes!
Web Reference:  http://www.BrockHughes.com
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Tue Dec 13, 2011
Hi Buddy, Trulia is an agent only platform at this time. If you hire an agent in your area to list your home for sale they can post it here on Trulia. Otherwise you will have to use sites like http://www.ForSaleByOwner.com, http://www.Craigslist.com, etc...

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
GREEN Designated Agent
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
Bob Davis, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Tue Dec 13, 2011
You can go 1 of 2 ways. You can try to sell the home yourself to save money by not paying a commission to a listing agent, but you will still need to offer a comission to the selling agent. If you decide to try and sell your home yourself you must ask yourself a few questions.

1)Do I have time to answer my phone between 8am - 7pm every day.

2)Can I do the follow up it takes in order to schedule and meet with buyers for showings, am I able to take off work in the middle of the day to show buyers that may be in from out of town?

3)Do I know how to find appropriate and current comparable sales to price my home against?

4)Do I know how to navigate the mountains of paperwork that come along with a real estate transaction?

5) Am I a strong negotiator? Do I know what substantiates a solid offer on my property?

6) Do I know how to handle a multiple offer situation?

Those are just 6 of about 100 questions you will need to be able to answer prior to knowing weather or not you are ready to try and sell your property yourself.

Option #2

I am sure you have more than 1 reputable real estate agent in your community. Do some research online and find 3 agents that all have good reviews. I would use Trulia, ActiveRain, Yelp, etc. and set up interviews. You should not have a hard time finding someone that wants your business and is willing to do a great job for you.
Holt Barber, Agent, Plano, TX
Tue Dec 13, 2011
Hi Buddy,

The best route would be to contact a real estate agent (I know, you saw that coming I'm sure.) However, an agent can advise you on the entire process, manage the details, and help you to avoid costly mistakes and legal pitfalls.

If you are wondering how to list your home for sell "by owner". There's really not much to it. But, if this is the case, doesn't the fact that you are not sure how to go about it, suggest the need for professional assistance such as that that an agent would provide?

You can find an agent in your area on Trulia, or if you would like, I am happy to provide you with a trusted referral to an agent in your area from my extensive list of proven experts in my referral network. I'm happy to help.