is sellers assist a good idea with no equity in the house or the home?

Asked by seeking an apt, Orlando, FL Sat Aug 4, 2012

Answers

4
seeking an a…, , Orlando, FL
Sat Aug 4, 2012
My Home was lowered 2 times My 1st realtor wanted 5 open house 3 she canceled and didnt tell me. 2 she had after I yelled at the broker. Then got her an assistance to help sell, He told me to 1 give a home warranty 2 give buyer assistances , When I said no let them go to HUD he said I will not sell and he get bored if I dont sell in a 3-7 weeks. Then he had a report card on my home which because I refused to give a assistance and a warranty I sored 19 which is poor and 32 is good .. This is BS,
Shirley Lueb…, Agent, Jefferson City, MO
Sat Aug 4, 2012
It is a buyers market but unless your in a must sell situation your need to explore your options. Lowering your price to bottom dollar doesn't mean it will sell any faster. Your home sounds nice, the condition of your home isn't at issue. Right now the actual days on market for many homes is around the 120-140 days. I'm seeing really nice and priced to sell homes stay on the market much longer than before. I'm wondering did your home have internet advertising, ie, on Realtor.com.

Unfortunately patience may be what is required to sell your home - advertising seller assistance doesn't sell a home either. It's been my experience that the buyers who need this and like a home will ask for it, is negotiatable.
seeking an a…, , Orlando, FL
Sat Aug 4, 2012
My home is turn key and in great condition, I had it inspected last year and The Realtor is trying to get me to panic sell with Oh this is a buyers market and if you dont do this you net going to sell. I will also not get my money back for what I paid last year for it. They iinsisted in lowering it now lowering even more with Buyers Assist. I guess when I buy my new home it will be in a trailer park. They dont care if I make money as long as they do.... Infact I was threaten if I dont lower he's going to walk. So I am going to let him walk... and buy a for sale by owner sign Hold my own open houses and sell it.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Sat Aug 4, 2012
The question is;
what is your house WORTH, compared to the Market Value?

If there isn't any room in there; you can look at it from every which way, and it will look the same.
Homeowners have been struggling with this situation for years, and there is no easy solution.

If the house needs a little TLC, it has to be priced accordingly.
If the house is Turn-Key, it needs to be priced accordingly.

You can offer Closing Costs, Repair or Upgrade credit, or a Low List Price; it all comes down to the bottom line; and today's buyer is very savy.

Good luck and may God bless
I don't have to give it away. A house which was in need of TLC was sold at the same price as what I wanted and less square footage. Buyers market is BS. Since I got rid of the Reatltors I have shown my house 2-3 times a week. All you need is a realtor attorney to write a contract and do a settlement. You dont need to pay the realtors 6-7 % plus the illegal maintance fee they charge for keeping the records. I have met so many underhanded realtors it's not funny. Tell the realtors to go take a hike and sell it yourself.
Flag Thu May 9, 2013