Jamielbrown, Home Seller in Jefferson, OR

is now a good time to list my home?

Asked by Jamielbrown, Jefferson, OR Fri Sep 11, 2009

Answers

1
Margaret Osc…, Other Pro, Albany, GA
Sat Oct 10, 2009
No answers to this question for nearly a month, so I guess I'll take a stab at it!
It really depends on your own personal goals and needs. The days of putting a sign in the yard and getting dozens of interested buyers are gone - for most properties there is lots of competition and fewer buyers.
We continue to see many things in our area selling quickly - this month some of them have sold in 2-7 days. They are priced well and prepared meticulously - not short sales or foreclosures, but desirable properties marketed by professionals. Likewise, some that are a overpriced, needing repairs or decluttering are sitting on the market for months.
If you are looking to upgrade to a more expensive home prices are great and interest rates low, so selling your home at a lower price as well is easier to swallow. If your home is in the first time home buyers price range, it certainly will receive more interest as well.
If you don't know a real estate agent you can trust in Jefferson, we'd be happy to give a few recommendations.