if the seller is a realtor should you get another realtor agent to represent you

Asked by Nansspace, Cleburne, TX Thu Apr 11, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Thu Apr 11, 2013
Was this a rhetorical question?
Yes it was.
1 vote
I was tempted to answer, "Duh?" Later - lm
Flag Thu Apr 11, 2013
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Thu Apr 11, 2013
Always....let me know if you need help and we'll get you just the right realtor to help you.
I think you should have buyer representation.
0 votes
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Thu Apr 11, 2013
Not only is the Realtor, the owner of the property and YOU the buyer do not want to work with
a buyers agent, your own Realtor who will represent YOU and work on your behalf and in YOUR best interest, a Realtor for a Seller would be limited in what he/she could do as a dual agent, but this becomes a much bigger issue if the Realtor is at the same time the home owner/Seller. Work with your own Realtor and Buyers Agents are usually paid by the Seller at the closing out of the proceeds from
the seller....

Get your own Realtor, if you need recommendations get back to us, we gladly send some your way, you need a good buyers agent!!!!

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties ---- EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at htttp://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
0 votes
Edward Isbell, Agent, Cleburne, TX
Thu Apr 11, 2013
While it will definitely cost the seller money to bring in an agent to represent you, unless you are a real estate professional yourself, you need someone to look out for your interests. You also need to balance out the risks associated as well (e.g. a $10k deal vs. a $1M deal).
0 votes
Tommy Burris, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Baton Rouge, LA
Thu Apr 11, 2013
The listing agent CANNOT ethically represent both sides. Some will do it anyway..... They rationalize it away in their mind because they are staring at double commissions.

To be ethical, they need to be working for the best interest of their client. They cannot work in YOUR best interest if they already have the best interest of the seller.

Get a buyer's agent
0 votes
Melissa Reav…, Agent, Burleson, TX
Thu Apr 11, 2013
Yes you should. There is no cost to you as a buyer for representation in the transaction and wouldn't you want a non interested party to look out for your best interested in the deal.

If you have other questions, feel free to contact me via email, phone or text.

Thank you,
Melissa Reaves
Keller Williams Realty
Call or text: (817)729-8670
0 votes
Linda Moreau…, Agent, Kingsland, TX
Thu Apr 11, 2013
Unless you would go through a divorce using your soon-to-be-ex-spouse's attorney, you should have another REALTOR represent you in a transaction! If you have a local agent (other than this seller/agent) who you trust, that person could explain Buyer Agency to you. Another resource is the Texas Real Estate Commission site, http://www.trec.state.tx.us. Good luck and congratulations on purchasing a home of your own! lm
Linda Moreau
RE/MAX Highland Lakes
Kingsland, TX
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more