Tasargent774, Other/Just Looking in Athens, GA

if the contract states 3% evry 30 days OR Seller pays 3% at closing. Are they allowed to do both? Advertised 3% (SELLER) @closing.OMG

Asked by Tasargent774, Athens, GA Sun Jun 26, 2011

I'm in deep trouble, my x is using this realty company 2 get what he so does not deserve. I need to Cancel this contract somehow & find my own Realtor that is fair to both parties not just one..

Answers

4
Rodney Mason, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Atlanta, GA
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Your question is not very clear. You would need to be on title to the property to have a legal claim. If you are on title, then you must also be on the sales contract and have signed it to be valid.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Junper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia

Conventional | FHA | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® |
HomePath® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream
Lee Taylor, Agent, Decatur, GA
Mon Jun 27, 2011
This sounds easier than it appears now that I think about it - are you stating that your ex-partner is controlling a real estate transaction involving marital property and that his agent is advertising a 3% closing cost incentive to the buyer?

If so, that's not irregular - it's a marketing incentive...

Do you own the property jointly?

What does your attorney advise?
Wynay Hand, Agent, Athens, GA
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Your question is unclear. If a Seller advertises to pay 3% closing costs or anything at all, just call the Seller or their agent and ask for clarification in writing. Any advertisement in Georgia that mentions any Buyer concessions should also be very clear and concise on the terms. Read the fine print. You can always seek the advice of a real estate attorney.
Frank Kelnho…, Agent, Watkinsville, GA
Sun Jun 26, 2011
Please clarify the question. You can cancel the contract if you are inside the due diligence period. Let me know if you have any other questions.