if I am the buyer of a house and we need a sewer lateral work done , can we do this after the deal closes,

Asked by mbmmontoya, Rodeo, CA Sat Oct 6, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Pacita Dimac…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Sat Oct 6, 2012
Check with your local government. In many cities, they may require that it is done within a certain number of months from closing.

If the seller agrees to pay for the sewer lateral work, some of them can order to have this before or by close of escrow and then make arrangements to pay the plumber at escrow, using funds from the sales proceeds.
0 votes
Lance King, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Sat Oct 6, 2012
It depends on what the local regulations are. For example, in Oakland the seller(s) is responsible to get the inspection and any required work done before escrow closes.

Check with your local regulatory agency to find out requirements. You can always try to get the seller to do it as well.

Best Regards,

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
DRE# 01384425
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more