i purchased a home and need copy of deed

Asked by Rkmalibu403, Dallas, TX Tue Mar 19, 2013

Answers

5
Mark Zatz, Agent, Arlington Heights, IL
Mon Mar 2, 2015
Best place to start is with your counties recorders office. they will be able to provide a certified copy if needed.
Oscar Sanchez, Agent, Dallas, TX
Mon Apr 15, 2013
I believe that services provided by your agent should be on going. Call you Agent or Broker and have them work on this. They can make the phone call, get the copies and send you a copy for you.

You could call the title company any request it as well, but I find most agents are happy to reconnect with their clients and would be happy to help out. I know I would.

If you would like help in this feel free to call me. I would be happy to help! :)
T.E. & Naima…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Thu Apr 4, 2013
Normally, at closing the escrow officer gives you copies of all the documents, including the deed.

The original is sent to the county clerk for recording and afterwards is sent back to you.

When electronic filing is used, the escrow agent can give you the original immediately after submitting it.
Web Reference:  http://www.SumnerRealty.com
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Tue Mar 19, 2013
You should get it a couple of weeks after you close.
You can have the title company check on it for you....whichever one you used when you closed.
Luca and Ali…, Agent, Olympic Valley, CA
Tue Mar 19, 2013
Contact your escrow agent. They should be able to help you. If not, contact your local Recorder's Office (public records) and you should be able to get one from them as well. I hope this helps.