i need to sell two properties in harrisville, ohio a.s.a.p. how can i do this?

Asked by Melissa, Harrisville, OH Fri Aug 22, 2008

Answers

5
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Fri Aug 22, 2008
Melissa
I am sorry for your situation. Although I do not work in your market, perhaps this will help you.

In almost any market homes are selling. The problem is that yours is not. The homes offering the most value always sell first. That makes sense, right? So the easiest way to add value is lower the price. A good Realtor can recommend things to do (such as including a home warranty, appliances, patio furniture, etc.) You could also offer a buy down program that will lower the lower the buyer's monthly mortgage payment.

A few more tips:
In most markets homes that sell in the first 30 days on the market sell closest to asking price. That means that contrary to what most people think, homes priced slightly under market will generally sell at a little but higher price due to multiple offers creating an "auction effect".

OTOH, over-priced homes take longer to sell and sell for less. In my market a home that sells within 30 days sells for 98.6% of asking price. At 120 days that drops to 93.6% of asking...and that is AFTER some price reductions.

Remember, it is not how much you owe, how much you paid, or how much you need to net. The buyers are always buying good deals.

If you need more help you can contact me via my Trulia profile.

Art Hotes, Agent, Cleveland, OH
Fri Aug 22, 2008
If it's listed with an agent (in the MLS), it may benefit you to periodically do a price reduction because that triggers emails to be sent out to those agents/clients having searches set up for properties within that set of criteria.

Again... best of luck to you. It is a challenging market to say the least!!

Art
Web Reference:  http://www.ArtHotes.com
Melissa, Home Seller, Harrisville, OH
Fri Aug 22, 2008
i have it listed but i can't seem to sell it fast enough. i need to relocate.
Art Hotes, Agent, Cleveland, OH
Fri Aug 22, 2008
3 choices...

1. FSBO - For Sale By Owner
2. Enlist the help of a Real Estate Professional
3. Auction

Art Hotes ~ RE/MAX Classic
Serving Northeastern Ohio
Web Reference:  http://www.ArtHotes.com
Frank Diaz, Agent, Honolulu, HI
Fri Aug 22, 2008
Select several Realtors, then call them and talk to them. From that group, select 2 or 3 that you feel comfortable with. Meet them in person and see what each of them has to say.
Compare them side by side in terms of what they will do for you. You may want to ask them for their last few transactions and call either the buyer or seller and ask how it went. You can verify the last transactions through their office or local MLS board.

I have a screening technique I like to use as well. Email me if you would like more details.