Home Selling in Glendora>Question Details

Leslie, Home Seller in Glendora, CA

i need to sell my mobile home fast sale i have the deed how do i sell it fast or quick deed sale

Asked by Leslie, Glendora, CA Thu Jan 21, 2010

i cant pay space rent and have to sell

Answers

16
Well this is really late but it may be useful for others. There is a website that gives you an instant offer for mobile homes. I know that they buy a lot of them and they close really quickly. They didn't need approval from the parks either!!

http://www.mobilehomesell.com

I thought the offer was pretty fair considering how quickly I need out. Been trying to sell for a long time now and I'm going to have to make a choice soon. At least I know I can use them since they'll pay me in cash.
Flag Tue Oct 28, 2014
Unfortunately, they won't offer you very much. I put in my info for curiousity and was shocked that their offer was so low. You'd have to be desperate to sell to them.
Flag Sat Jan 12, 2013
The secret on a mobile home is terms, not price. A lot of potential buyers won't have all cash or financing lined up. If they do, great. But most won't. So you make it as easy as possible for them. And that often means owner financing.

You can certainly use a Realtor. Just make sure your agent understands that most buyers won't be looking in the MLS for a mobile home, so you have to use other marketing, too. That means a sign in the window. It means a letter or postcard to everyone else in the mobile home park. And it also means Craigslist.

Getting back to terms, figure out what the payments could be on your mobile home. For example, let's say you want to sell it for $15,000. You'd be willing to take just $100 down. So you'd be financing $14,900. Over 5 years, at 9% interest, payments would be $302. Let's say lot rent is $275.

You might run an ad something like: "Only $100 down moves you in to your own home. Owner financing! No bank qualifying! Pay only $302 a month. Lot rent just $275. Qualifies for 10% income tax credit. The American dream of home ownership can be yours today. Call xxx-xxxx."

Points to emphasize (if you want to move it fast): Low down payment. Owner financing. No bank qualifying. Mention the 10% income tax credit. Keep the monthly payment figure (in my example it's $302) separate from the lot rent. Makes it seem less. And price the overall monthly payment figure about 20% (or more) below what a comparable apartment would rent for in the same general area.

If you want to sell fast, that's how you do it.

Every buyer I have want to do owner finacing but I am not a Bank and most people 99% do not want to put any money down or pay interest they just want to move in one person would not even shown me a picture ID he said NO way whats up with that he wanted to set all the terms plus he could not even vertify certain information only had been on a job for 3 months but had 2 not 1 two brand new cars ?????????
Flag Sat Aug 30, 2014
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
I have to move out for medical reasons and the financial hardship my health has caused.
Wish I knew! I am trying to sell our 1970 mobile home in a 55+ park in Nokomis, FL, got nowhere on my own, so now the park is trying to sell it for us. We need to sell and close prior to Nov. 11, 2014. The park manager has nothing nice to say about our home and we have done a lot to upgrade. I don't think that he will really put the effort into it. Getting our final mortgage approval depends on the sale and proving we no longer have to pay lot rent. The salesperson is out today, will be leaving this Friday and I suspect the park mgr. didn't even take the messages off the phone and most likely won't. If there are any prospects, they aren't going to wait a day or 2 more if they called over the weekend. No one in sales or the manager ever come in on the weekends. We have dropped the price to $3000 for a quick sale. I wish I knew more to encourage the sale. I have talked to people; spread the word and haven't gotten anywhere. The park does not allow you to sign over your home; only take it if you have passed away or been moved to a nursing facility and can no longer pay the lot rent. HELP!!!!
how much were are you at details im looking for 1 for my son
P.S. my # is 626 963-0097 x218
Do you owe anythign on the mobile home?
Hi, Leslie,

Have you tried to talk to the park manager or a local Realtor? Family and friends could be a good referral source for you too. Usually, a professional like a Realtor who is familiar with mobile home sales would have all the connections and tools to expose your mobile home to a vast audience. Our company uses slide shows and multiple photos on You Tube, multiple web sites to reach the 90% buyers looking on the web for their new home as well as multile MLS services. A good Realtor can also give you advise based on your situation as to what is the best plan of action. Let me know if I may be of further service.

Take care & best wishes.

Sin-Yi Lambertson
ERA Yes! R.E.
grandma is 92 and needs assisting living. great house. refurbished. new roof, new siding, newly remoduled kitchen. excellent location in 55 and older park.
Mobile homes are a special market, quite different from single family homes. It takes someone who is experienced in selling mobile homes and can line up financing for the new buyer to sell it quickly. If you decide to list your home with a realtor or dealer, make sure it is someone who has sold mobile homes in 30 days or less within the last 3 months.

If you can't pay the space rent you need to sell quickly. The park can take ownership of your home for unpaid space rent and leave you emptyhanded. Don't let that happen!!!

The best way to sell quickly at a good price is to offer terms. If you'll accept a reasonable down payment and make the monthly payments reasonable for the new buyer, you'll quickly solve your problem. If you insist on a cash payment, you'll need to discount the home heavily to attract a buyer quickly.
List with a good local Realtor like our office & let your park manager know your interest to sell too. Work out a plan with the park re: your rent adn the qualification of the new buyer so when the time comes the process can be fast.
Hi Leslie,
Mobile homes in Glendora are in high demand, Please give me a call and I will get it listed for you. Our office lists bank owned properties so we get alot of buyers calling in.
Lori Duran
Broker Associate
ERA Yes!
Glendora
(626) 354-7344 or 888-5ERAYES
Leslie, feel free to give us a call. We can often purchase mobile homes as well as single-family homes.

http://www.coasthomebuyers.com
(714) 583-9004
There is the quick and dirty option. Low payoff for you, buy gone in a heartbeat.

Go to town, talk to the local trailer dealers. Tell them what you have. Ask them what they would give you for it. They would buy it outright, but you will not get a lot for it.

It may not be enough to cover your costs, it might. It is another option if you can't get the trailer park to give you a little time while a realtor tries to find you a buyer.
You can quitclaim the deed to a family member to get title out of your name if that is what you are looking to do. If you are selling it to someone you know you can write up a contract and sell it for cash within a few days. If you need to find a buyer and market the home then find a good agent that will list it and sell it for you fast. It can be listed for sale as fast as today and depending on how well it is priced it can sell quickly and if you have a cash buyer you can close within a week. If you have a conventional financing buyer it can be as fast as 17 days, FHA buyer would be 30-45 days.

But the first step is get it listed!
Let me know if I can help!
I am selling a mobile home to my sister ..I bought it a year ago and morgaged my place to get it for her to live in..She was in an abusive marriage...Now after the divorce, getting her credit fixed, she is able to get a bank loan..So she can buy it from me....The bank said I could do this contract thing between us and they will refinance it to her ..I see you mentioned it here....Do you know where I can get information on this type of contract..Ty....
Flag Mon Apr 11, 2016
The secret is price. Have a realtor get you some comps of others that have sold and price yours agressively. Be sure the realtor is going to market your property not just put in on the MLS.