i have a home on south 5th st in camden. not sure if i should rent it out or sell it and what realtor specializes in that area?

Asked by mogul2000, Atlanta, GA Sun Oct 23, 2011

Answers

4
Ronald Shaff…, Agent, Toms River, NJ
Tue Oct 25, 2011
I think Elisa made a very good point. There are a lot of responsibilities that come with being a landlord and it is NOT for everyone. A lot of landlords get themselves in a financial bind when they are counting on the rent coming and then it doesn't for a couple of months. NJ is a tenant state , the judges will bend over backwards to give a tennat many moths to try to catch up the rent. You could easily have someone living rent free for 6-8 months before a judge will evict someone. You really need to have some funds in reserve when renting out in NJ.

I know a great agent in Camden, that can help you with either option . Let me know if you would like her contact informationand/or a copy of the NJ Truth about renting booklet. Best of luck to you either way.
Carmen Sarlo, , New Jersey
Sun Oct 23, 2011
Call me I have investors 856-816-1605
Elisa Dewees, Agent, Cherry Hill, NJ
Sun Oct 23, 2011
To answer the rent vs. sell: ask yourself if you want to be a landlord. It is not for everyone. Realize that renting carries certain risks such as a renter who does not pay or keep the home in decent condition. On the other hand, selling now when the market is at the bottom may not be a good choice if you need to obtain a certain amount. Weigh all your options after finding out what you could net from the sale as opposed to renting and at least covering your expenses.
Ines De La C…, Agent, Marlton, NJ
Sun Oct 23, 2011
Hello Mogul2000,
Call Norma Sellers (856) 365-7629 / (856) 655-3828 or Gene Alford at RE/MAX All Sell in town Office (856) 963-8700 Ext 192 or 306. You can say Ines De La Cruz from RE/MAX Connection told you to call.
They have an office on 6th St in the City of Camden. They will be able to assist you by giving you prices and comparison rental vs sale prices.
Ines De La Cruz, Realtor, ABR, AHWD
RE/MAX Connection
Web Reference:  http://www.inesdelacruz.com