i have a 6 bedroom home in edmonds, wa and i would consider trading down - home is in the $400,000 neighborhood in a great area - i'm retiring

Asked by Max, Edmonds, WA Thu Jan 20, 2011

and may not be able to sell house - home has recently been remodeled. built in 1987. lake access.

Answers

11
Jirius Isaac, Agent, Kenmore, WA
Thu Jan 20, 2011
Max. I agree with the other 2 agents about talking & checking out your options. I am sure that any one of us would be happy to talk with you in person or on the phone. One of your options that you do not mention is the possibility of renting your home out if you do not want to sell it for current market value. As a loan officer & a real estate agent, I can help you figure out if this is possible for you to do. Before you contact any of us, I would recommend that you Google the names of all the agents in the area that reply to you & find out what our presence is on the internet. That will tell you a lot about us. I look forward to hearing from you should you decide to contact me.
Tonya Brobeck, , Everett, WA
Thu Jan 20, 2011
Max,

I would be more than happy to speak to you about your options and figure out a current market value on your home. I work a lot out of the Edmonds area both with Buyers & Sellers a like. Feel free to contact me anytime. 425-268-1066 tonyabrobeck@windermere.com
Nvegetarian, Home Buyer, Edmonds, WA
Thu May 18, 2017
We have a four-bedroom home off Maplewood behind Emerald Hills; we want to downsize but a six bedroom sounds interesting.
All Prop Inv…, Both Buyer And Seller, Lynnwood, WA
Wed Dec 14, 2016
We may be able to help. We are a real estate investment company that purchases homes like yours.
Feel Free to Contact us.
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Thu Sep 5, 2013
That's a great idea. You could use the equity in your present home to purchase something that is easier to care for.
Kippie Pasow…, Agent, Seattle, WA
Thu Sep 5, 2013
Hi Max, I am a Edmonds resident and local Realtor here in Edmonds and have been for many years. This is a great time to sell and of course make a move to a smaller place. The interest rates are still good and since they are, there are still buyers out there, especially for a 6 bedroom home here in Edmonds.

I live, love and know the area well. If you would like more specifics on your home and what is out there to make your move now or in the future, we can help!
Always happy to help you in any way that you need when you need it.

Kip
425-330-2811
Mark Despain, Agent, Seattle, WA
Fri Jan 21, 2011
Your first step should be to make appointments with a few Realtors to get an analysis of your home's value vs the equity you have in the home. You commented that you may not be able to sell the house. Is that because you feel you have too much invested in the remodel? Regardless, invite some Realtors over to get their analysis. If you decide you can sell the home then look at what's available for the price range you can pay. DO NOT rush into any decisions without waying the many and varied options you may have.

You have plenty of qualified brokers here to start with.

Mark
Mary Sunde, Agent, Bellevue, WA
Thu Jan 20, 2011
Max
First, great name (it's my grandson's also). I would interview a couple of agents and have them prepare a market opinion of the current value of your home. Then I would have the agent you feel can do the best job for you show you what is available on the market to purchase. Even though the marketplace in general has
declined you should benefit in savings when you purchase that will help mitigate any loss you might incur on selling. Finally you may want to talk to your agent or a financial specialist to see if now is the best time for
you. Ultimately, you make the decision, based on your desires and needs of what works best for you....
now or later. Although my office is in Bellevue I live in Seattle which works best for me.
Mary
Bob Wold, Agent, Seattle, WA
Thu Jan 20, 2011
Max,

You state you may not be able to sell the home. The first step would be to open dialogue and have a market analysis prepared by a broker or two. A personal conversation with a broker would also help to find out what you are trying to accomplish and how to move forward.

Posting your question is a good first step, and some great brokers here with local knowledge of market, home values, and selling homes in today's environment (ie: short sales, equity trade etc).
Jess & Julie…, Agent, Bothell, WA
Thu Jan 20, 2011
Max,

Good news. Home prices have gone up over last year in Edmonds.

Your first step should be a market analysis to determine your home value. From there determine your closing and moving costs.

I have the sales statistic for Edmonds posted on our blog at: http://www.snohomishcountymarketstatistics.blogspot.com
Check them out and when your ready give us a call for a free market analysis.

We've been selling home in your area for over 20 years. You are welcome to check our business credentials at http://www.house-hunters.com.

Jess and Julie Lyda
RE/MAX NW Realtors
425-487-3001
John Bischoff, , Edmonds, WA
Thu Jan 20, 2011
Max, What exactly are you asking here?