Home Seller, Home Seller in Cecil, PA

how often should sellers agents be communicating with their sellers?

Asked by Home Seller, Cecil, PA Sat Apr 18, 2009

Answers

11
I contact my sellers weekly. More in the very beginning. I don't see how anyone could do it any less.
You are allowed to call the agent anytime to discuss if the agent has not communicated to you. I use a weekly news letter to all of my current sellers, another to my buyers and another to past customers. I text or call my sellers after every showing with the feedback from the buyers
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 10, 2014
At the very least,there should be a set time every week that a sellers agent communicates with their sellers, however each situation is different. I personally like to touch base very often to let my owner know how things are going, the reaction from feedback gleened from showings, and of course I am very "hands on" before it comes to market by staging and helping in any way I can, usually visiting and communicating once a day. Since agents are independent contractors, a seller should ask a potential agent exactly how they like to communicate and how often.
A minimum of once a week and more often if you are under contract. You should be able to call your agent anytime.
As an I feel that we should be available to our buyers and sellers whenever needed. I have worked on holidays as well. I try to always have my phone available to answer calls, texts and emails. I educate the client prior to the dates that we need to meet with a calendar of upcoming appointments for the inspections, mortgage application, appraisal, walk thru, repair work, etc....
This depends on the activity but at a mim, Weekly for voice contact, or at least leave a VM, Email allows for more contact when the client likes email, and most due. You should get an email when someone sees your property, When requests for feed back from the agent that showe the property have been answered, and when they have not been answered, I send three before giving up on the request for feedback. Weekly you should recieve a report on internet activity on the biggest sites, Trulia, Zillow, Realtor.com etc adn a composite of all others advertised on. That should be a mimimum. Depending on the client often more.
We try and stay in contact with each of our clients who are buying or selling homes at least one a week. Some of our people and situations require daily contact.

I agree with Bill here that communication is a two way street. If our friends and clients want or need information, we ask them to contact us right away. We are here to provide information and solve challenges one step at a time.

Best wishes to you on your home selling.
Harrison K. Long
Coldwell Banker Previews
This depends on the individuals needs but should be pre-estalished early in your relationship. We like to use some form of direct weekly contact: telephone, email, text message etc. Trulia has a great automatic email that provides weekly updates for internet hits on customer property posted on Trulia. It's one example of how techonology can help keep customers in the loop with very little effort involved.

We also encourage our customers to consider communication as a two-way street. It may be easier for them to contact us for information.
Dear Home
Unmet expectations are the key to problems. What did you and your Realtor agree at the beginning?

When I sit down with my sellers we discuss how I recommend we work based on their situation. In most cases that means access to a website with the current activities underway for their property, as well as weekly updates on showings and market conditions.

The main thing on which to focus is how to monitor showings. No showings, price adjustment needed. Few showings, price adjustment needed. Showings and no offers, price adjustment needed. Low offers, adjust the price.

Selling homes is not rocket science. However, one needs to have a workable plan. Market time does not help a home sell.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
It depends on the expectations. I have an agent selling property for me in NC and I told her to just email me every month or so with an update and sooner if something changes or we get an offer (fingers crossed..). Some of my clients I communicate with by phone or email a few times a week, some more or less depending on that person. Some don't want to hear from us unless something is going on. It's hard to tell, so the best advice I could give a seller is to tell your agent exactly how often and how (phone, email, etc.) you want to be contacted. Sometimes we get 'why did you call us if there is nothing new' and sometimes we have clients who want an update (even if there is no update) every other day.
It depends upon the seller; I try to communicate with the seller on any new updates, showings, and open houses if my seller wants more communication I do it for them. Some seller's requier and expect more.