how long does it take to sell my home in Howell after I have it listed?

Asked by Oralia & Robert Rosario, Howell, NJ Mon Feb 7, 2011

Answers

14
John Sacktig’s answer
John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Tue Feb 8, 2011
From your posting, It reads to me that your home is not listed at this time.

Please Email or Call with your address. I will put together the avergage days on the market for homes of your particular style, size and location. I will need to do a CMA and discuss pricing in order to get your home sold.
After this is done. we can discuss in great detail the process and your area!

Call or Email!

John Sacktig
Broker / Manager
Orange Key Realty
Direct: 732-213-1409

Email: JSacktig@orangekeyrealty.com
Sarah Pomphr…, Agent, Rumson, NJ
Thu Mar 6, 2014
That's an open ended questions with many variables! My advice is to contact a reputable real estate agent in your area who can provide local stats for you. Good Luck!
Abu Musa, Agent, New York, NY
Sun Nov 10, 2013
You may talk to a local real estate agent.
Denise Saeng…, , Howell, NJ
Thu Apr 7, 2011
Hi Oralia & Robert.
It depends on many things that affect the time a home will take to sell. Such as market conditions, price point , exposure & how the home shows, Every home is individual in it's own right, You need to see your home throught a buyer's point of view. It also depends on how fast you want to sell your home....If you want to sell it, immediately, then you have to energy price it....to attractive lots of buyers when it first hits the market
because that will generate lots of interest in the home.

If you have any additional questions or concerns about the market you can contact me.
Thank you

Denise Saenger
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
2340 Rt 9 S, Howell, NJ 07731
732-367-1300 x123
848-992-1078 cell
Susanne Brown, Agent, Howell, NJ
Thu Feb 10, 2011
Hi Oralia and Robert,

Every situation is different just as every house is different. Even houses in the same development that are the same model can have very different values.

The best thing you can do is invite a professional to come to your house to see what you have to offer and show you the comparables in your area. Keep in mind, your competition isn't just what's in your neighborhood, it also includes similar houses through out the local community.

I have been listing and selling properties in Howell and the surrounding areas for over 10 years and would be happy to meet you and provide you with a free market analysis.

Best of luck to you as you navigate your move.

Susanne Brown
Broker-Sales Associate
RE/MAX Realty 9
4043 US Highway 9 North
Howell, NJ 08527
Francesca Pa…, Agent, Manasquan, NJ
Tue Feb 8, 2011
Dear Oralia & Robert,

It appears from that your challenge will be whether or not you can get your price to payback the existing loans vs. how long the home will take to sell.

Francesca
Web Reference:  http://www.PatrizioRE.com
Heather Dacc…, , Monmouth County, NJ
Mon Feb 7, 2011
Hi Oralia and Robert,
I am very familiar with the Oak Glen community, I live in Howell also. Feel free to contact me at 732-580-5309 so we can discuss your particular situation.

Average days on the market in your community is approximately 70 days. There are number of factors that affect a home selling, such as price, marketing and condition of the home.

I see you had your home listed in 2010...I am very familiar with short sales and have closed many successfully.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you,

Heather Daccurso
Remax Prestige
Bruce Kunz, Agent, Brick, NJ
Mon Feb 7, 2011

The short (and very raw) answer to how long it has taken for a similar home in your area of Howell to sell is an average of 85 days. They range from 15 to 314 days on the market & sold for an average of 4.2% less than they were listed at.

Please note that these numbers do not take into consideration anything more than an area search of homes that sold. These are all 2 story and 4 bedrooms (no 3br apparently were sold).

As the others before me have very correctly said, price does matter. Unfortuantely, in a shortsale situation, it's really up to the lender(s) what that price will be and how fast they will act on any offers.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you need anything else.
Bruce
Joan Congilo…, Agent, Freehold, NJ
Mon Feb 7, 2011
Hi Oralia & Robert,
I am very familiar with the Oak Glen & Woodstone area & have successfully marketed homes there. Over the past 6 months the average days on the market for homes currently under contract is 75 days & the average days on market of homes that have actually closed is 99 days. These statistics are for a standard sale. However if it is a short sale it will may take much longer to close, sometimes several months. You need not only to find a buyer, but also need to qualify, apply & be approved for short sale & wait for an approval before you & the buyer can consummate the sale. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Joan Congilose GRI.CRS, e-Pro
RE/MAX Central Manalapan
(732) 972-1000 ext:364
Web Reference:  http://www.joancongilose.com
Diane Glander, Agent, Spring Lake, NJ
Mon Feb 7, 2011
It depends on how you price it. Homes that are accurately priced for today's market will sell quickly. There are plenty of buyers out there. The owner of my company says that if you put a house on the market and you don't get an offer the first week, it's priced too high! Think of it this way--if you priced your home for $100, you would get a ton of offers the day it went on the market. Right? The market always dictates what a seller will get for a house.
If you are just looking for statistics, consider this: in the last 6 months, 134 single family listings have sold (closed.) There are currently 289 single family active listings. If you consider that on average, 22 homes a month sell, it will take 13 months for every one of these active listings to sell, AS LONG AS NOTHING ELSE COMES ON THE MARKET!
Therefore, you can see how important it is to price your home correctly.
If you would like a comparative market analysis done of your home, contact me directly through Trulia or my website, below.
Web Reference:  http://www.dianeglander.com
Valerie Varg…, Agent, Jackson, NJ
Mon Feb 7, 2011
Hi Oralia & Robert,

I am a top producing agent here in Howell, as well as a resident for more than 10 years. To pinpoint an exact # of days on market can be difficult, however currently the inventory is on the low side, so that will increase your odds in selling quicker. Based on the 47 homes that are currently under contract in Howell, the average days on market is approx. 120.

If you would like me to take a look at your home to give you a clearer indication as to how long homes in your specific area are taking to sell, please don't hesitate to contact me. You can reach me on my cell at 917-217-0599.
William Troy, Agent, Toms River, NJ
Mon Feb 7, 2011
Key thing above anything else, are you priced right? If you are priced right you will be on the market for way longer than the average. I would need more information on your home locatiom, style of home, etc to tell you the average days on the market in your area.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon Feb 7, 2011
What is your agent advising...in today's market, pricing and marketing that maximizes exposure are paramount--therefore make sure you are priced on target and competitively with other area homes.
Spirit Messi…, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Mon Feb 7, 2011
Talk with a local real estate agent or Realtor. Ask them what the average DOM is (Days on Market) for Howell, NJ. Course, it goes without saying if you price it right, it can sell quicker vs longer than the average.

If you have it listed, are you working with any agent? They really need to go over this with you and if not, advise you speak with several and see if you can find one you would like to work with. I know some sellers feel it "costs to much to use an agent", but honestly, make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Most time, I feel (and yes, I understand my opinion is biased) that it can cost you too much NOT using an real estate agent or Realtor.

Best of luck, One phone call to any real estate office will get you the average DOM for Howell, NJ.
Spirit