how long does it take for a seller to order use and occupancy certifications in the city of Philadelphia?

Asked by Adh1981, Philadelphia, PA Mon Jun 27, 2011

Answers

11
dfreiman, , Longport, NJ
Tue Mar 15, 2016
I found this confusing but finally found the URL. form is very easy:

https://secure.phila.gov/PSC-Onlinev2/applicant/address.aspx
Kathleen She…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Mon Jun 27, 2011
You can get the certification online, quick, for a single family property. L&I doesn't inspect. However, if you have received a violation, it needs to be corrected. Someone from L&I has to come out the see that the violation has been cleared, then make his report. Then it takes a few days for the cleared violation information to get to the certification department. When that is the case, then allow at least a couple of weeks. Also, be sure that there are no current violations, such as missing smoke detectors, or you will have a new violation which will have to be corrected and visited by the inspector.
Charles Bald…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Hi ADH,

It depends on the type of property. Most plain vanilla townhomes can obtain a 'City Cert' online immediately. With multifamily condos and commercial properties plan on it taking at least a week...even if you order it online. In larger buildings it can take longer, perhaps as long as a month.

Charles Balducci 215.531.2000
charlesbalducci@me.com

Coldwell Banker Preferred (Avenue Arts)
Michael Cohen, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Mon Jun 27, 2011
It can be ordered online with a credit card or you can walk into city hall and pay by check or money order
Web Reference:  http://www.phillyreo.com
Sandra Vazqu…, , Philadelphia County, PA
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Hi truth be told! The City of Philadelphia is sometimes not as fast as we wish. There web site says instantly but I have seen were its not so-so what I tell all my clients is that it usually takes anywere from 24 to 48 hours depending on the volume of requests...
Adh1981, Home Seller, Philadelphia, PA
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Thank you - so is U&O (5 minute certification) the same as the License and Inspection that the city has to do to sell a property? I would be the Seller, when is this normally ordered and or completed?
Bruce Lang, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Mon Jun 27, 2011
As mihael said...five minutes if it is a sinle family home/condo...mulltifamily, commerncial, land or new construction can take up to a month
Bruce Lang, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Mon Jun 27, 2011
as michael said...provided its a single family home or condo, about 5 minutes...if its vacant land, a multifamily or is new construction it takes longer...up to a month
Tamara El-Me…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Hi Adh1981...
Generally as agents we use our conveyancing dept. to handle U&O's for the Seller. Are you working with an agent? Or are you a FSBO?
Tamara
Keller Williams
215-919-1101
Aida Rosales, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Mon Jun 27, 2011
Hello Adh1981
My name is Aida Rosales I'm a Realtor from EXIT Benchmark. you can get a U&O from the city WEbsite instantly. If need more information call me @215 888 8492
Michael Gard…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Mon Jun 27, 2011
If it is a resale, it can order one in about 5 minutes on line and it costs $103. If it is new construction, the process is longer as it is tied to permits and inspections.

Michael Garden
Web Reference:  http://www.michaelgarden.com