how long do I have to move when I sell my houe in florida?

Asked by Rierie, Redington Beach, FL Mon Nov 16, 2009

Answers

5
Pamela Cohn, Agent, Clearwater, FL
Sun Nov 22, 2009
Hi Rierie,

As those before me have stated, your contract spells out when the closing is and when you need to be out of your home. Typically contracts have been 30 days but with all the new financing regulations many lenders are pushing for 45 days. The day of closing, when the buyer is doing their final walk thru, you should have everything out of the house and it should be broom clean. You can negotiate a contract and not close for a couple of months. This really depends on your Buyer and their needs too.

Is this your primary residence or a vacation home? If it is your primary residence you should begin looking for your new home as soon as yours goes on the market. The goal is to be able to move out of one into the other with both closings on the same day. Have a short list ready to be able to move forward as soon as you go under contract. The Seller of the new home may be willing to accept a contract contingent on your home closing if you are able to provide proof of your home being under contract (with the names and amounts obliterated ). If you are relocating you may be forced to buy or rent before you actually sell your home. If your current home does not have a mortgage or large mortgage, you may be able to do a bridge loan, but it must be done before you put your home on the market. Speak with your Realtor and mortgage broker about these options. Hope this is helpful. Feel free to call or email with questions.

Pam Cohn
Broker Associate GRI,CDM
Prudential Tropical Realty
727-204-7155
pcohn@prutropical.com
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Tue Nov 17, 2009
Rierie,
There are many things to consider when a move is in your immediate future. Hopefully, you have already packed everything not essential for your day to day life. When you accept a purchase offer on your home, it is best to be able to move out within 30 days. The move out date, as noted earlier, is negotiated in the purchase agreement. Quite often, this time is set to allow you to close on your new home thereby preventing you from becoming a temporarily 'homeless' citizen.

Many have found it helpful to use my moving guide as a mechanism for keeping track of all the 'stuff' that must be done here as well as your new location. If you would like, I can email you a copy.
Web Reference:  http://www.MyDunedin.com
Thomas Martin, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Hollywood, FL
Mon Nov 16, 2009
Or you could close on your housing and then have the buyer rent it back to you. You wouldhave to sign a lease aggreement and pay him rent. ...
, ,
Mon Nov 16, 2009
Usually the day of the closing is when you hand over the keys.Closing date can be negotiated in between seller and buyer and yes, 30 days is very common if there is financing involved however cash buyers usually want to close quicker.
John Bennett, Agent, Orlando, FL
Mon Nov 16, 2009
Ever how long it is from the day you sign contract to sale, to the date you agree to to close the transaction.

Normally 30 days but you can ask for any date you want, but to long might cost you your sale.

John