how it the selling market in southern md?

Asked by d517, 85388 Mon Jun 18, 2007

how quickly are homes selling in st marys county southern md specifically leonardtown 20650

Answers

5
No Longer In…, Both Buyer And Seller, 20601
Mon Jun 18, 2007
That depends on the price range of the house and the condition of the house. For starters, it's definitely a buyers market in ST Mary's County; zip 20650. Therefore,sellers need to be realistic with their prices. Get the home pre-appraised. That is my #1 suggestion. Fix every thing you already know needs fixing, replacing or painting before the appraisal. Have the house pre-inspected; then fix those things. Listen to the suggestions of your listing agent and get an agent who is internat saavy so your house is highly visible on the sites with the most visitors. Be patient.
Robert, , Lexington Park, MD
Sun Jul 29, 2007
Slow in St. Mary’s. Inventory is at record highs. June saw 928 homes on the market. The last time we saw that many, was back in July ’88 with 865 on the market. Days on the market for homes sold is 97. Notice, that is for sold homes, not overall DOM. Seven month trends show prices flat year over year (YOY) with average price at $367K, and median at $345K.

As for Leonardtown (20650):
March showed no change in YOY Median price at $495K. April showed median down -16.8% at $395K. May showed median down -23.3% at $313K. June shows median up 16% at $479K. Using MRIS numbers for individual zip codes can generate a lot of noise, but keep in mind, March-July is peak selling season.
Barbara Stel…, Agent, California, MD
Mon May 4, 2015
The market in Southern Maryland has improved quite a bit in the last 30-60 days. Now that that the winter weather is behind us and interest rates are still very attractive, the market seems active. We should have a good spring and summer season with prices firming up.
Robert, , Lexington Park, MD
Fri May 16, 2008
Average days on market for Zip 20650 in April '08 was 209
., , La Plata, MD
Wed Jul 18, 2007
It depends greatly on the price and condition of your home, but let me give you the average numbers, and if you need more specific information about how specific price ranges are moving, let me know and I can email you out all of the charts. For Leonardtown(20650), the average sales price for the month of June was 460,000, up 12% from last year. List Prices however are up 19% from last year. sales volume was down 5% last month, days on market was up 244% from last year (47 days average in 2006, 162 days average in 2007). Last month there were 25 new listings and 16 contracts written. If you have any questions, need more information or would like a more in depth analysis of the market, let me know.