how do i list my home for sale for free on tulia?

Asked by Vj, Windsor, CA Tue Sep 24, 2013

Answers

7
Suzanne MacDowell’s answer
Suzanne MacD…, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Tue Sep 24, 2013
Trulia only allows for sale listings from licensed professionals. If you are selling 'by owner' you will not be able to post your home here. You will need to find a licensed professional to work with.
Joseph Runfo…, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Tue Sep 24, 2013
If you are a home owner and wish to submit your listing to Trulia for sale, please note that Trulia does not accept FSBO listing submissions at this time. However if you are working with a full-service or flat-fee listing agent or broker, he or she can submit your listing.
Terry McCarl…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Tue Sep 24, 2013
This is a very popular question on here today - this is the third person I have seen today with this same question. Trulia does not allow For Sale By Owner homes to be marketed on this site.
Sheila Lawre…, Agent, Sebastopol, CA
Tue Sep 24, 2013
Both Trulia and Zillow are set up to post only agent listings. Making a flyer and posting it on Craigslist is probably your best option, but Craigslist can get a little weird sometimes, so beware.

Honestly, you are better off with an agent. I know selling a house looks like it should be easy, but that isn't reality. Done right, it involves market knowledge, marketing, promotion, knowing your way around a purchase agreement, coordinating showings & inspections, and just being available to answer questions that come through emails, phone calls and websites like this one. Having an agent will bring many more benefits than problems if you find the right kind of agent.

Here's a few of the benefits from a Seller's point of view...
- They have access to market information that can help you to price your home accurately so that your are not either losing money, or sitting on the market because it's overpriced.
- Agents have marketing power through the internet, but also through networking, local MLS meetings, and their sphere of influence through past clients
- They provide a layer of legal protection against being sued by a buyer. They do this by having you complete all the required disclosures, makgin sure all terms of the sale are in writing and clearly understood, and by moving the transaction along within the timelines of the purchase agreement
- They have good advise on what makes a strong offer that is likely to close escrow with the fewest problems
- They are your front man in talking to buyers and other agents.

Also, the great majority of buyers, something like 90-some percent, access a home they are interested in through a real estate agent. So, you're going to be dealing with one anyway, just not one acting in your interests because they are the buyer's agent.

It sounds like we've closed ranks, I know, but in fact what an agent does to bring a sale about is one of the best kept secrets of any industry. It is a lot of work and agents have to wear a lot of hats.
Ken Walker, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Santa Rosa, CA
Tue Sep 24, 2013
I have a Buyer who buys with all cash to either fix up and resell the home or if its a good rental, would be interested in buying it to keep. Could you call my office at (707) 523-2099 or email my Assistant at "ari@sunpacmortgage.com" and we could possibly help each other out. And this could help save you 5-6% on selling fees.
Alex Greer, , California
Tue Sep 24, 2013
What you can do is create a agent account for free and then you can list it there. It is just a little trick to get around the system.

Are you currently looking to buy?
I do not agree with this advice Alex. FSBO's should not be able to get around the system. The system is in place for a reason...You and I both know that any FSBO will net less money from a sale of their home compared to listing with a competent REALTOR who uses the best marketing strategies and gets top results.
Flag Sat Dec 28, 2013
Shanna Rogers, Agent, Murrieta, CA
Tue Sep 24, 2013
Hi Vj,

You will need to hire a Realtor. Trulia only posts homes for sale that are listed with Realtors/in the MLS - they do not post For Sale By Owner properties.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
http://www.RealtyBySR.com