how do i find out if there is a lien on my house i am trying to sell?

Asked by Amy, Canton, GA Tue Jul 14, 2009

we are buying a new home. have to have a second loan with the seller and he is putting a lien on our other home we have not sold. When the attorney pulled the title, it showed a lien against our old home already from a bond on a friend of ours. I had done all appropriate paper work to take us off of this friends bond a year ago, why would it still be showing?

Answers

8
Angela Hunter, , Canton, GA
Fri Apr 22, 2011
Save yourself some money. Try this first:
Get a CERTIFIED copy of the Court Order which releases the Bond, send a copy of it and whatever other documents with a letter to the Bonding Company requesting that they release the lien.
Hope this helps and of course don't hesitate to call or text me at 770-377-5924. Best Wishes, Angela
cowal25, , New York, NY
Wed Jul 15, 2009
the bond company never filed a satisfaction with the county clerk.....your attorney or title company will contact the bond co and ask for a sat. however, it sounds like the bond is not paid in full....which is probably why the bond is still showing. the bond company can either refile the bond indicating the mod or provide documentation showing you are no longer on the hook....
Paul Renton, , 30342
Wed Jul 15, 2009
Amy,
send me your address and contact # and I will get my attorney to contact you and give you the best advice.
Web Reference:  http://PaulandDanasells.com
davidwbrower, , Woodstock, GA
Tue Jul 14, 2009
contact a real estate attorney to run title search.. wait, i've heard that before, is there an echo in here?
Hank Miller, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Tue Jul 14, 2009
Lots of moving parts here....might be prudent to just grab an "all purpose" attorney and have them run a title search. If there are liens that you feel to be in error then you'll need to take measures to rectify the situation.

Hank
Ann Cordes, Agent, Waco, TX
Tue Jul 14, 2009
It sounds like the bondsman didn't get the paperwork to the courthouse or something. You can find liens by having a title company run a title search. They should do this when title is opened, usually during the option period..
Gary Goldberg, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Tue Jul 14, 2009
You can ask for a satisfaction of lien once the loan has been paid off. I assume the loan has been paid off, therefore, it shouldn't pose a problem. Otherwise, your attorney should do a complete title search of the property you are selling for any and all liens. When you sell your house and close, all liens will be satisfied. Thank you .
Gary Goldberg, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Tue Jul 14, 2009