how do I sell an unrepaired sink hole home?

Asked by Mom, Spring Hill, FL Sat Jan 14, 2012

I have a sink hole, but it hasn't been repaired. I want to sell it.....

Answers

9
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Sat Jan 14, 2012
If you do not want to put the money into it,
you will have to price it low enough to attract a Buyer.
If you want to sell it As-Is, you will have to disclose the Sink Hole.
I would suggest you get some estimates, and talk to a Mortgage Person about the different Loan Programs that will allow someone to buy it and fix it; most buyers will not have the cash to buy the house and fix it.
Make your Realtor a part of all this, so that they might knowingly help you sell the place.
It can be done, if the price is low enough.

Good luck and may God bless
Rob Arnold, Agent, Altamonte Springs, FL
Sat Apr 26, 2014
Our firm buys heavily damaged properties like this. We have bought many many sinkhole houses in Florida. We buy them for cash, then fix them up. Member Better Business Bureau of Central Florida. Licensed real estate broker.

Stop by our site http://www.WeBuySinkhole.com or call 407-739-5773.

Robert Arnold
Margaret Rey…, Agent, Clearwater, FL
Thu Sep 26, 2013
I have a buyer who only buys un repaired sink hole homes. If anyone has an un repaired sink hole property they would like to sell please contact me at 352-279-5783 or email me at mjrbroker@aol.com
We have a 3/2/2 caged pool only 1.5 yrs old that is beautiful! 2300 sq ft in herenando county 5 min to toll hwy, off spring hill dr close to 41. Let me know soulmateabv@gmail.com
Flag Thu Mar 20, 2014
I have a home that the insurance company says has a sinkhole but won't give me anything in writing proving this. Am stuck since I have no sinkhole coverage. Do you think your buyer would be interested? Let me know justicia2003@optonline.net.
Flag Tue Feb 4, 2014
I have an un repaired sinkhole home in North Central Florida for sale. Would your buyer be interested in it?

MariaElena Piccirillo
dar2dream@live.com
Flag Tue Dec 31, 2013
Orlandoprope…, Both Buyer And Seller, Orlando, FL
Fri Aug 24, 2012
I,ll Buy it ,,,,,,,,,, Desmond,,,,,,,,,, 407-545-0441 Thanks
I have a home in Seminole (sinkhole) that we'd like to sell. If interested, email: maltingo@aol.com
Flag Fri Aug 24, 2012
I have a home in seminole (sinkhole) that I'd like to sell. If interested, email: maltingo@aol.com
Flag Fri Aug 24, 2012
Gerard Carney, Agent, Spring Hill, FL
Mon Feb 27, 2012
You sell it as is. You also disclose all engineer reports and other information you have on the home. There are investors that will buy these types of homes, if the damage and the the sink hole are of minimal threat. You will not get alot for it but you can get out from under it if you make the right deal.
Alma Kee, Agent, Tampa, FL
Sun Jan 15, 2012
Hi Mom,

Did you get money from a sinkhole claim with your insurance company or do you not have sinkhole insurance.

Do you have a mortgage on the property that is more than the house is worth?

You may be able to sell with a Pre-foreclosure, Short Sale.

Also I'm not 100% certain but I believe a buyer can get an FHA 203K mortgage to include the cost to repair the sinkhole and still buy your house with only 3.5% downpayment. That is as long as the "repaired" appraisal value will support the cost of the sinkhole repair.

Alma Kee
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Sun Jan 15, 2012
Buyer Mom,
There are many investor types who will buy your home. They know they must pay to have the sink hole remediation completed. This is very, very, expensive.

How you sell your home will depend on your situation. Consult a Spring Hill real estate professional, so a review of your situation can be completed and the best options presented. In your situation, look for the agent with strong investor networks and investor acumen.

Although not common, your situation is not unheard of and does have solutions.
Best of success in selling your home.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sat Jan 14, 2012
Mom,

Begin by contacting a local real estate professional. They will be able to help you develop a marketing plan that will include this issue.

Becky Joens, Agent, Weeki Wachee, FL
Sat Jan 14, 2012
Good Morning. As Ron indicated, the home can be put on MLS with the disclosure that the home is unrepaired. Please call me to discuss further. Thank you and have a good day!