how do I do a tile search on a home or who do I get to do it. I am selling my home.

Asked by Pat, Wilson, NC Thu Jul 10, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


J R, , New York, NY
Thu Jul 10, 2008
Not sure what the purpose would be of you having a title search done on a/your home, but if it's cause you're selling your home.... do you have a buyer? Do you have an attorney? An agent? Why do you ask how to do a title search? A little more information might help us to answer you better.
0 votes
Sonja Babic, Agent, New Bern, NC
Thu Jul 10, 2008

Almost all title searches in North Carolina are performed by real estate attorneys and they are required part of every transaction. When you find a home you like and get it under contract you will hire and attorney to handle the closing for you and title search will be a part of this. It is included in the closing fee that they will quote you. If you are working with an agent he or she will be able to give you few names or just look some up give them a call and compare prices and services.
Hope this helps and good luck!

Your North Carolina Broker
Sonja Babic
Sonja Babic with Prudential Clear Water Realty is you New Bern and North Carolina Real Estate Broker! Looking for waterfront, historic or golf? We have it all! Conveniently located and with so much to offer New Bern is a great place to work, play and retire!

Please contact me for more information's or to request your FREE info pack!
Web Reference:
0 votes
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Thu Jul 10, 2008
I would suggest that you discuss your needs to a Realtor. They can answer your questions or point you to people that can assist you. Even if you do not list your home with them, I am sure they'd be happy to help you. Normally when a home is sold one of the services required is a title company; it's their job to give the parties clear title. If there is a problem with the title then they will investigate and let you know what needs to be done.
0 votes
Vicky Chrisn…, , 20176
Thu Jul 10, 2008
Yes, a title or settlement company can probably help you. However, is it necessary before you list your home? The answer to that varies state to state. A real estate agent should be able to assist you, and ensure you're not spending unnecessary money.
0 votes
Erin Tompkins, Agent, WINTER PARK, FL
Thu Jul 10, 2008
I believe you meant to ask about a Title Search? Contact a Local Title Company.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more