how do I change my property description? It was 2-ll at one point, then changed to 2-03, and basement cannot have a legal kitchen?

Asked by rcolon2034, Chicago, IL Fri Mar 15, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Erik Sachs, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Mar 17, 2013
What is your address? Professionals on Trulia cannot give you advice without more info.

Erik Sachs
RpV Realty and Development
Cell 773/368-5515
0 votes
Manuel Brown, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sat Mar 16, 2013
I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish. Are you saying the building was actually rezoned? Or are you saying someone simply entered the description wrong.

The only way to change zoning is to file an appeal and that will take time and the building will have to meet all the zoning requirements.
0 votes
Bill J Delig…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Fri Mar 15, 2013
If the basement cannot have a kitchen then it is not a legal unit.
0 votes
David Hanna, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Mar 15, 2013
Can you explain more about what you are referring to? Are you asking about the zoning or the building as classified by the city?
0 votes
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Mar 15, 2013
Just edit the listing and make the changes from there.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more