how can we get out of our manufactured home without selling in this market ,what options do we have?

Asked by Lorena, Hemet, CA Thu Jan 22, 2009

could we let the house go or find someone to take over payments?whAT are the fall backs?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Louann Muell…, , 60174
Sat Jan 24, 2009
Not much detail to your question...What do you mean by "let the house go"

If you are having trouble with the payments there are many options, check out my website...

Taking over payments, if done through your mortgage company would have to mean you have an "Assumable Mortgage" For this answer talk to you mortgage company.

Or you could rent out your home, if no restrictions in your subdivision...

Feel free to contact me if you need any details,
1 vote
Mouse, Home Buyer, San Diego, CA
Mon Dec 7, 2009
So you are talking about carrying a note?
0 votes
Mouse, Home Buyer, San Diego, CA
Mon Dec 7, 2009
Depends on what section of hemet your in. I see that there are high crime areas. I am currently looking at mobile homes in hemet and would be interested in see yours. How much do you still owe on your home?I would need to talk with you to sit up a viwing of the home and discussion taking over payments if your mortgage company allows someone to take over your loan. Contact me
0 votes
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Sat May 23, 2009
Lorena you have to check to see if someone takes over your payments that you are released from liability, if they then stop maiking payments and you are liable, it will affect you financially in the future. Your best bet is to try a short sale with the bank, find a local real;tor who specializes in short sales, and let them assist you in listing and selling your property for you. this way you get a sale, get released from lianbility and save your credit. Good luck in working things out.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Doloressmales, , Hemet, CA
Sat May 23, 2009
Your situation is exactly what I am looking for. I cannot afford a big down on a property, so I'm looking to take over payments with someone. I'd love it if you would consider us. -Dolores 951-642-4693
0 votes
If you don't mind living in a rural area, you could look at trying to qualify for a USDA loan.
Flag Tue Sep 24, 2013
Robert King, Home Buyer, 68025
Sun May 17, 2009
i am interested in retiring in hemet area. i will be there june 22-27. i am interested in a mobile home
contact me at
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more