how can i terminate a listing agreement?

Asked by Minny, Columbus, OH Sat Feb 20, 2010

I am in columbus oh. I agreed to a new listing agreement via email but has changed my mind. How can I legally do this?

Answers

6
Sarah Sykes, Agent, Lewis Center, OH
Mon Jul 16, 2012
If you signed a listing agreement, look to that document to determine the term.

That said, my advise is to talk to the agent listing the home. They probably will walk you through their process on this.
Gregory Ray, , Flowery Branch, GA
Sun Feb 21, 2010
Minny
Your rights are clearly stated in the listing agreement. As with any contract, read the fine print and remember it is your home you have all the rights.
James Gordon…, Agent, Hamilton, OH
Sun Feb 21, 2010
Minny the broker that you listed your home with has to sign an unconditional release. If they have invested time and effort in marketing your home and you have changed your ming about moving they may not do a release but ask you to sign a withdrawl. A withdrawl stops the marketing of home but if you decide to put it back on the market at any time durring the duration of the listing contract it goes back on the market with them until your initial contract expires.
Web Reference:  http://www.Find1Home.com
Richard Leci…, , Tucson, AZ
Sat Feb 20, 2010
Have you signed the lsiting agreement? If not then you don't have an agreement.
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sat Feb 20, 2010
Do you have an executed listing agreement? IF you have nothing in writing from the agent allowing you to list home, YES you can cancel.

If you have an executed listing agreement all is governed by terms and conditions for that agreement

Ask that agent if you can cancel listing

Lynn911
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Sat Feb 20, 2010
You don't. If you've signed and delivered it, you need to request a cancellation agreement with the broker.