Home Selling in 55060>Question Details

James.heinri…, Home Buyer in Owatonna, MN

do i need a business license to buy and sell houses in ct... and do i even have to be a business

Asked by James.heinrichs, Owatonna, MN Tue Oct 23, 2012

i am going to buy foreclosed houses and fix them up and then sell them

Help the community by answering this question:


A great answer by Lenny. Should you care to look up the law that talks about licensure in MN, you can find it at the following webpage.


If you do plan on conducting more than 5 real estate transactions for yourself in a 12 month period, you can obtain what is called a Limited Broker's License. The reason it is required is found in statute 82.55 subdivision 19, paragraph G.

Good Luck in your endeavors!!

Cameron Piper
Coldwell Banker Burnet
Licensed MN Real Estate Broker
Web Reference: http://www.CamPiper.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 23, 2012
Are you asking for Connecticut? I would suggest asking that question in the CT forum. If you are asking for MN then you would either need to be represented by a Realtor or be licensed if you plan on doing more than 5 transaction sides per year.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 23, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer