can i list my home for sale on Trulia?

Asked by Kurt Bray, Seattle, WA Wed Sep 19, 2012

Answers

8
Maria Cipoll…, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Sun Dec 2, 2012
If you really want to sell your home you need to hire an experienced real estate agent that will do more than just advertise it in Trulia or any other real estate site. A real estate agent has many resources to assist you and guide through all the steps of the sale.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone

Century 21 Tenace

http://www.Flahomesepcialist.com
Tribeca NW, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Sun Dec 2, 2012
Hello Kurt,

The short answer is Yes. If you list your home with any Broker, your home will be show up on Trulia and most of the real estate sites. Are you looking to sell your home directly on Trulia as a For Sale By Owner? If so, like my colleague Stephanie, I can share with you some marketing tips and how to sell your home For Sale By Owner. I will provide you some staging, showing tips, open house tips and provide you some financing flyers and some loan officer contacts in the event you have buyer who has not been pre-qualified.

Don't hesitate to give us a call or visit our website.

Respectfully,

Jeffrey A. Costello CRS ABR CNE CIAS CDPE
Coldwell Banker Bain
206-595-5709
Natalie Malin, Agent, Mercer Island, WA
Wed Sep 19, 2012
Hi Kurt,

I have been selling Island homes for over 30 years, and I'm a Managing Broker at Coldwell Banker Bain Associates on the Island. All of my listings are advertised on Trulia as well as 52 other sites, including all of the Real Estate related sites since so much of our business is on the web these days. I would love to meet with you and guide you through the process of marketing your home to best advantage. You may reach me through my web site: http://www.natalieMalin.com, or just give me a call: 206-232-3240 or text me: 206-790-1778.

Natalie
Lis Brown, Agent, Mercer Island, WA
Wed Sep 19, 2012
Kurt,

Great question! Like Stephanie, I use Trulia as another web placement for my listed properties. While I have not seen For Sale By Owner listings on Trulia I would also note that there are so many scams on the internet of homes being advertised for sale or rent so that many consumers are now wary of postings that are not affiliated with a brokerage. In addition, many of my buyers comment that homes that are advertised for sale on websites but not listed with a local MLS are often priced from a seller's wishful perspective rather than a market perspective and may not be worth their time. With such a low inventory of Mercer Island homes currently, using Trulia (and the other favorite sites buyers frequent) in conjunction with a well presented NWMLS listing should give your home great exposure to sell quickly and may even attract multiple offers. Best of luck, Lis
Stephanie Cl…, , West Bellevue, Bellevue, WA
Wed Sep 19, 2012
Hi Kurt...

I've only ever used Trulia for listings I have as a real estate broker and I don't think Trulia was designed for individuals to be able to sell their listings via this website. But it never hurts to ask: The customer service # is 888-466-3501.

If you need some tips and things to consider when you're selling a home on your own I have a punch list of items to keep in mind. Let me know if you want me to email you a copy.

Good luck with it! :)

Stephanie Clancy
Coldwell Banker Bain (Bellevue Way)
Bellevue, WA
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Wed Sep 19, 2012
If you are a home owner and selling your home without a Realtor i.e. FSBO you can NOT list your property on Trulia, it is only for properties that are listed with a Realtor / Brokerage, but then at one point you may consider to work with an experienced Realtor to price and stage / prepare your property right for selling in today's market, and then market and advertise it right.

If you want to continue doing it on your own, you need to use the for sale by owner sites...
Good luck to yu if you at one point want a good recommendation for an area Realtor get back to me.

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Wed Sep 19, 2012
Kurt,
Trulia is for Brokers, so you can't list it on this site. If your home is listed, your broker can either manually upload it or syndicate it to Trulia and many other sites too. Getting the top dollar for your home will come from exposing it to the broadest possible market. Having your home in the MLS and having Brokers bringing you buyers is the time tested most proven way to sell quickly for the top price. A good agent is worth more than their commission, but a bad one, or none at all may cost you way more than just their commission. Please consider listing it with a high quality broker. I grew up on Mercer Island and know it pretty well. If I can help, please contact me.
Best of luck however you proceed.
Ozjohn Bahce…, , Denver, CO
Wed Sep 19, 2012
Yes you can you need to contact for that.
No, you can't. I see you're new to Trylia.............but your "advice" is wrong. Trulia does NOT allow fsbo's to list here - only listings fed via the MLS and agents are on trulia. You might want to consider deleting your answer.
Flag Wed Sep 19, 2012