can a home owner list his home on your site-(for sale by owner"?

Asked by Tom, Northridge, CA Thu Sep 4, 2008

Answers

5
Selling Buyi…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Tue May 19, 2009
In this crazy, changing Real Estate Market, the seller needs all the help they can get from a professional Realtor to get the property sold. It takes a lot of creativity in these days, its not a question of saving the commission, it’s a question of paying more commission to get other Realtors interested in selling the property.
It’s all about getting multiple offers to the table, drive the price up and accept the best qualified buyers offer.

I am available and happy to help home-owners get their Family-Home sold!
Visit my web-site and see what I have to offer.
Any one can sell a property, but closing escrow is an art!
rhg
Raffi Philip…, Agent, Calabasas, CA
Thu Sep 4, 2008
Hi Tom,
I can't list your home for sale, but I can help promote it for you. Please let's meet and I will show you how.
Marc Schwartz, Agent, Chatsworth, CA
Thu Sep 4, 2008
Simple answer, why would want to list your home For Sale by Owner? Maybe 2 1/2 years ago, that might work but in today's crazy real estate market, you need a REALTOR to sell your home! That's are job, with over 18 years of selling homes in Northridge, I can make you more money and save you time as long as you don't owe more than the home is worth, please visit http://www.PropertyValues411.com for a free online home value or call me at 818-885-5615 x615 Marc
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Thu Sep 4, 2008
Tom
You'd need to list your home with a Realtor.
Here is an interesting thought: Why would you sell your home without professional representation?

To save the cost of paying a sales commission, right?

So, you might be able to sell your home on your own. However, 85% of sellers list with a Realtor, so here are some things to think about:
1. Homes sold by owners without professional representation sell for 15% less than those sold by Realtors, on average.
2. Owners sell to someone they know 5% of the time, owners they don't know 5% of the time, and list with a Realtor 85% of the time.
3. When you bought your home, you purchased it with a Realtor. Realtors work for "free" for buyers. So it would not surprise you that buyers use a Realtor 90% of the time. So why would you opt to exclude 90% of the buyers? That also explains why homes sell for less without a Realtor.

So, my suggestion is for you to talk with three Realtors. You run the numbers, you make the call. If you need to go with Plan B, then you can shift easily.

Cel Durant, Agent, Roseville, CA
Thu Sep 4, 2008
I'm glad you like our site and we have different levels of service, but we don't offer it for the use of "for sale by owners. " There are sites specfically designed for people trying to sell homes by themselves - I suggest you check with one of them.