Using Trulia in 98335>Question Details

Gofsbo, Other/Just Looking in 98335

can a fsbo website post it's listing on trulia?

Asked by Gofsbo, 98335 Thu Aug 18, 2011

I guess my question is that in the when we take on new listings, the customers are authorizing us to advertise their home in anyway we feel will maximize their exposure to include other websites. Even though we are not Real Estate Agents we are are acting as an agent for the sellers as far as marketing their property. Would I list their property as by agent since we do not own the home or by owner? And can I post them on Trulia and Zillow? Any guidence would be great.
Thank you

Hi Gofsbo,

Trulia doesn't accept FSBO listing submissions at this time. Full service or flat-fee brokers and agents can submit listings to us via the link below.

Best Wishes,

Emily Erekuff
Community Moderator
Hi, Trulia only allows agents to post listings for sale, not for sale by owners. The fact that you are acting as agents but really arent't in terms of negotiating, etc. You most likely will not be able to post here.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
GREEN Designated Agent
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
Hello Gofsbo,
Property listings on the Trulia web site are posted through feeds from the MLS. I know that Trulia does not accept for-sale-by-owner listings but does. You may also wish to post the home on

You are not a real estate agent and should not represent yourself as such. I suggest that you label yourself as the marketing manager for the property.

Hope this helps.

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
You need to view what the FSBO site offers. When I sold my home last year as a FSBO, I used every site out there to market my home. Not sure if it is the same, but fed to Trulia.