california license

Asked by John, North Carolina Wed Oct 3, 2007

if you are realtor in other state and plans on moving to california, do I need to take school or just take the state exam? can you guys explain it well please.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Chris Ha, , Sacramento, CA
Wed Oct 3, 2007
Yes, you will need to get a separate real estate license just for CA. To get your CA Real Estate license, you must first study for a RE Principles Course and pass that test. Once you have done that, you can submit for a test date. We have used a company called Allied. They are very good. You can do everything online with them. Visit:
Web Reference:
2 votes
Yolanda Tann…, , 92584, 92585, 92562, 92563, 92564, 92596, 92592
Wed Oct 3, 2007
as of 1 Oct 2007, there are changes in the license requirements. Check out the California Department of Real Estate

Good Luck
Web Reference:
1 vote
Ute Ferdig, Agent, Newcastle, CA
Wed Oct 3, 2007
Hi John. You really should contact the California Department of Real Estate or you can go to their website at and check the educational requirements. It can be a challenge to contact the DRE via phone. A more expeditious way would be to contact a real estate school as they usually know what the reciprocity rules and regulations are and you can actually get someone on the telephone. Here's the website of the school that I used when I got my license
Good luck.
Web Reference:
1 vote
David, , Saint Louis County, MO
Fri Sep 5, 2008
I suggest you visit the California Department of Real Estate. They do a great job explaining requirements including rules about reciprical arrangements. You can find the website here:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more