buying house, been separated from husband for 7 years and don't know where he is. Title co. wants him to sign intevenor form. Why everything?

Asked by Jill, 39564 Wed Mar 10, 2010

in my name and mortgage in my name. But I can't find him and don't want to. What are my options?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Mack McCoy’s answer
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Wed Mar 10, 2010
The title company, which doesn't know you from Jane, doesn't want to clear the title and have that husband show up one day saying, "How'd you sell my home?"

So, your options, without consulting an attorney, seem to be: do what the title company wants, or to hold onto the house until you track him down.

An attorney would probably have many more useful options for you.
1 vote
Karen Chewni…, Agent, Ocean Springs, MS
Mon Nov 4, 2013
You absolutely need to contact a Real Estate Attorney. Laws differ state to state and this really needs to be advised my an Attny
0 votes
Tonya Brobeck, , Everett, WA
Wed Mar 10, 2010
Jill definetely a Real Estae attorney would be a wise investment;-) Good luck
0 votes
Jane Grant, Agent, Aguanga, CA
Wed Mar 10, 2010
Jill: Seek the advice of a Real Estate Attorney in your area. There is most likely recourse for you but it is a legal situation and you must abide by the laws in your state. On this forum we are mostly Real Estate professionals and we don't give out legal advice.

I certainly hope that you get your situation resolved.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more