Home Selling in Indian Trail>Question Details

Itman0061, Home Seller in Indian Trail, NC

24 showings no offers and no negative feedback on house what gives?

Asked by Itman0061, Indian Trail, NC Tue Jul 21, 2009

There is a reason why some houses sell quickly and why others don't. Your agent needs to identify the reason why it's getting so many showings without an offer. It's very hard sometimes for people to give negative feedback. Perhaps your agent should dig a little deeper with the showing agents to determine what turned your buyer's away from your property. I think if it were price, they wouldn't have bothered to look at your house in the first place. I'd try to find out the underlying reason and correct it or adjust the price to where they can live with whatever it is. If it's the neighborhood that turns them off there's little you can do to correct that, but somebody should say that's what the problem is.
Web Reference: http://www.ISellUnion.com
We're buyers and I was drawn to this question because we just completed a buying trip to North Carolina and came home with no house. More often than not it was the smell. We found so many houses reeked of cigarette smoke and dog (or cat) urine, and we were looking at homes from $120K to $150K. All the lights can be turned on and everything can be neat and uncluttered, but unless the home smells fresh, it stopped us at the front door and we didn't even go in.

That's just our opinion, but we're still looking for a retirement home.
Check out my listing at 314 Honeywood Ln. Monroe, NC! No smokers and no pets and it is listed at &124,500! Call me if you want at 707-622-2769, Renee Hartis.
Flag Wed Aug 1, 2012
The three major factors when selling a house are location, price and condition. Location cannot be changed, which leaves you with price and condition. With 24 showings it seems that your price is at least within reason for your neighborhood. With the amount of inventory on the market right now, the condition of your home is key. A lot of homes that are listed right now are freshly painted and staged which makes them show as we say "like a model". When a buyer is looking at your home, they are most likely out looking at many other homes on the same day which makes the first impression so important.

Getting back to location, many areas such as Indian Trail have new developments which might not be completed yet. In this market buyers can be very wary of developments with a lot of vacant lots. Also compounding this problem is that builders are very aggressively pricing new construction and offering upgrades for free which can be a problem for resale homes.

I would strongly suggest that you have a meeting with your Realtor to determine what the most likely reasons are that no offers are coming in. There are many things that can make your listing more attractive to buyers such as job loss protection, home warranty, rate buydown and more.

Best of luck and keep the faith!
I know it's frustrating to hear everyone say they love the house but then have no one make an offer. Hang in there! Our market is flooded with listings right now so buyers have a lot to choose from. If you know you've done everything possible to attract buyers i.e. de-personalized, de-cluttered, neutralized the colors, attractive landscaping etc. then how about offering a rate relief or job loss protection package to differentiate your listing from others in your area? This is a great way to draw attention to your listing & give the buyers another reason to choose your house over someone else's! Best of luck to you! I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about what I've said here.
I have to agree that there must be something with the home if you have had that many showings. It may be that the condition of the home does not match the price. Have you gone to any open houses in the area and price range that your home is in to compare? Does your Realtor know any good Home Stagers that could give you some advice? You can find one who will give you a comprehensive evaluation and that should be very informative and help you with what is preventing any offers. At that point you can decide to lower the price if that is what it is, or do the work that might be needed given with the action plan from the Stager, or hire them to get the work done for you if you are not a DIY. The good news is it is being shown - but you need to get them "feeling it" once they come in your door!
I would be willing to look at pictures and let you know what I think if you want to let me know the MLS number.
Best of luck!
Web Reference: http://www.fixintomove.com
Have you conversed with your listing agent regarding # of days on market for homes in your area? In many comments I state:

"... Ugly homes at times sale in less than 24 hours with bidding wars"... Homes in best condition can take years.

One never knows they why's have you looked other homes in your area determine perhaps why they sold?

Is there new construction close by? We have an area in DFW that all new construction home owners can't sale their properties.

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lynn911
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
I have no idea what the specifics of your situation is but it almost always comes down to price.