"The sale price is low due to Winter Pricing": Do you believe in such a thing?

Asked by Dan Brassil, Saint Louis, MO Thu Jan 31, 2013

Answers

5
Jenifer Garcia’s answer
Jenifer Garc…, Agent, Saint Louis, MO
Sat Feb 2, 2013
Hmmm...that is interesting. Well, there might not be as many buyers out in 30 degree weather as there will be in May but hey, there also aren't as many houses for them to choose from either! So if it's a nice home that's priced correctly, I think it stands just as great of a shot of selling in February as it does in May...and not for a "winter price" either. LOL! ;)
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Fri Feb 1, 2013
I don't know how anyone can sell a house that's under 8 inches of snow!
"Winter Pricing?" That' s one way to overcome the impediments to living in the land of the frozen chosen.
-
Winter Pricing? "I Believe!"
-
When your sellers are looking for sunshine, send them my way. 63 degrees, blue skies and white sand beaches.

Best of Success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Fri Feb 1, 2013
There i NO such thing. Especially in this market, There is a shortage of homes for sale and an ever increasing amount of buyers who are ready to buy now. In the winter you dont find the lookers and dreamers. The customers are prepared to buy and ready to buy and are making offer. The only homes not selling are over priced or listed with such a bad listing agent, no one can see it becuase the mls has no pictures, no descripition and there ar eno ads or marketing.
Lisa Rozier, Agent, Saint Louis, MO
Fri Feb 1, 2013
Inventory is low currently. Supply and demand comes into play. Less homes to choose from, higher sales price to seller.
Dana Tippit, Agent, Chesterfield, MO
Thu Jan 31, 2013
Simple answer: YES.

If the property was put on the market in 2012 without receiving an offer, it's been on the market too long for the current price and condition.

ECON 101:

There are less buyers in the winter months. To be competitive, you have to have the best price or the best condition. OR BOTH!

The lower the price the greater the buyer pool.

Sellers can list at higher prices when there are more buyers, in April and May.

Good Luck.