Dan, Home Seller in Bonita, CA

Zillow has 'make me move'-Meaning, I WOULD sell, but not flexible on price. Does Trulia have this?

Asked by Dan, Bonita, CA Wed Aug 26, 2009

or better? I am ready to show and sell but only for buyers who are serious at the list price

Answers

7
Hi Dan,

Trulia doesn't currently have a feature like this. Regarding price, you can ask whatever you like for your home - and also be as flexible or firm as you want on that price. You own the house - so you are free to market it as you please.

That said - it doesn't mean anyone is going to buy it at the price you are asking. Additionally, price itself is only a small piece of the puzzle. There is quite a bit more to a real estate transaction to ensure it successfully closes.

Negotiating the terms of one of your life's biggest investments back and forth with strangers via email, without the professional guidance of a real estate professional or attorney, is a recipe for a gigantic mess - in my opinion.

Hope that helps!
There's a house listed on here for $10,000, it's a decent size home so obviously it's not being sold for that. Do they really put a price that low on the "make me move" just to rope someone in?
Flag Tue Jul 29, 2014
Zillow offers a few different marketing tactics for lead generations for people that want to sell their home. This tool also helps many homeowners that may be underwater find agents that are active in Short Sales.

I have asked if Trulia will be including something similar to this feature now that Market Leader and Trulia has partnered up?
You are all missing the point of Zillow's Make Me Move. This is for PRE MARKET interest. Prior to selling your home, whether by an agent or yourself, you can put it out there at your "dream" price.

Make me Move is for someone who is thinking about selling - or gearing up to sell, or wants to sell in the future - but - with the right offer, will pack up and leave gladly. This is also good for those that "bought high" and know that when they list the house, they won't get what they really want.

This is not a replacement for "for sale by owner" and of course, the best bet is to have an agent - however, this is a great way to mentally get ready to sell your house and see what interest it brings in at your dream price.
HI Dan:

It sounds like you are saying you want to sell but you don't want to negotiate. Is this correct?

There is nothing wrong with marketing your home as having a firm, take-it-of-leave-it price. You can do this whether you work with an agent or try to sell your home yourself. You don't have to use a rather silly gimmick like the Zillow "Make-me-move," scheme.

Ron
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 3, 2010
Dan,

Unless you are listing your home at a price that an educated buyer would pay, I would not waste your time. Serious buyers are educated, so unless your home is priced right you have to be flexible on price (sometimes you STILL have to be flexible). Things aren't getting better anytime soon for sellers, and I suggest you take this into consideration.

I'm not saying go find an agent, I am saying you've got to be realistic with the market the way it is. Plenty of selection of homes that are good priced and still flexible on price. Ask yourself how you are going to beat that.

Good luck to you
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 3, 2010
Hi Dan,

It sounds as if you're trying to sell the home yourself. Most buyers have a Realtor representing them. For the most part, these buyers are serious. If you are serious about selling your house, the best option is also to go with a Realtor. This way you get a bigger audience to view your home. If you did not want to use a Realtor, are you opened to working with a Buyer's agent? In other words, if a Realtor brings an offer to you, will you pay their commission? Working with a Buyer's agent will also increase traffic to your house. I would like to talk to you about holding an open house at your home where I can find you a prospective buyer. Contact me if you are interested. Good luck!

Alex Saavedra
619-519-0683
alex@buysdhomes.com
Web Reference: http://www.buysdhomes.com
If you are ready to show and sell, don't put your home on a few sites and hope someone comes along and pays your price. You need maximum exposure and that will come with hiring a real estate firm to fully market your property and have it on the mls.

Glen